What's new

Gave the straight a go!

Yes, it is another thread about a newb trying a straight for the first time. I picked up a decent Boker from an antique store and had it honed up through Scott at Rasage Poulin (great guy).
This evening I gave it a go and loved it. I got a nick, which I did not even feel, and ALMOST gave myself a gash, but luckily dodged that one. I did not get all my face done, but I did a couple passes on what I could do. I was VERY impressed with how well it shaved. I will definitely be doing this often over the holidays.
I look forward to reading more in this forum and asking my many questions which I know will come.

Great stuff, you will enjoy it even more later on. I love these threads, I always learn something new when I read them.

Legion

Staff member
Nice! Try to shave with it as much as you can while on holiday. Hopefully you will be getting passable shaves by the time you have to report for work. Don't rush it, though.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support. I feel like I am joining B&B all over again!

The good news is that the holidays are about 3 weeks between my University finals and the new semester, so it is a good chunk of time to get used to things.
My goal now is to figure out the handiwork around my chin and jaw line.

Thanks again gentlemen.

Congratulations :thumbup::thumbup:...Don't worry about a few nicks and cuts. Those usually signify the "rights of passage" so to speak. Everyone had to pay that price at some point or another in their straight shaving career :lol:

PS: Scott is a great guy :thumbup1:.

Top Bottom