What's new

G Shock Help

I am looking into getting a G Shock. There are a ton of models and it is pretty confusing. I was looking at the Mudman as I like the solar and atomic syncing, but the rally timer is useless to me. I don't need tide, altimeter or temperature. I am essentially looking for a knockaround daily watch that isn't like my Seiko Black Monster and mostly one to take backpacking with me. My Timex failed me miserably on my last hike with the chime/alarm failing on it. What is essential is time, month day on the face, multiple alarms, stopwatch and countdown timer. The G Shock site is not helpful IMO in looking for these features and the watch forums are a bit much when you are just beginning to look at something. Help?!?

Been awhile since I had a G-shock. I loved mine, I used to be into trick skating (rollerblades) and have taken BIG falls and a watch that can take big beatings from what I used to do G-shock is the winner. You might want to check this site out I think the do sell g-shock.

http://www.dogfunk.com

I have the GW5600J-1 G-Shock. ~$65 from Amazon

4 alarms, 1 snooze, countdown and stopwatch timers, solar powered and satellite sync.
Time and day/date on face.
It has a somewhat cool feature you can enable so that the backlight comes automatically on when you tilt it 45 degrees toward you.

A great daily watch. I'd buy it again.

Well, based on the watchuseek forum, I picked up the cheap DW9052 for $32 with free shipping from Amazon. It does not have solar or atomic, but had the other basic features. It should work for now, and if I like the G Shocks, I can order a better one when something happens to this one. BTW, when I just checked, Amazon raised the price on the DW9052 up slightly to $38.10, so happy I got in when I did.

I had the Mudman and loved its functionality and toughness but eventually got rid of it as i found it just a touch too juvenile. I now have and love a model similar to this one (can't find my actual one on a quick image search). This looks much better with a suit.

Go to the Watchuseek forum and look on the Sales forum. I'd aim to pick up an older model of the Mudman. The older ones (a couple years back) don't have the rally timer, but have stopwatch and countdown timer. You can get one there, I'd think, and they are a great watch. I used to have this one (not my pic):

proxy.php

Top Bottom