What's new

G-Shock

Nothing here changed my enthusiastic endorsement of the original post.

This rates 'almost acceptable' in a welcome-back-to-the-80s basic way:

I did not want or need a lot of features, so I got the DW5700BBMA-1
View attachment 1284863

This is my bugly Casio. I only wear it when I want an altimeter - skiing or backpacking.
EA6754A5-5266-4091-995C-D26B75CAA0F3.jpeg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
This is my first G-Shock (GWM5610). I've avoided them because I have teeny-tiny wrists (6.5 inches), and I'm not a fan of the "dinner plate on my arm" look. But I needed ultra-durability and my research suggested that this particular model is on the smaller-size of large. Now I'm a child of the 80's (if I'm being truthful, I also have very vivid memories of the 70's as well) -- so maybe that's why I'm not put-off by the look of this watch.
proxy.php

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Here's my latest, Gshock. It's a GA2100 stealth. They come in different flavors. Slimmest Gs they've ever had. Much more stylish in my opinion. At 99 bucks, it's a good deal! I believe the just released a similar line that is also slim but more colorful. View attachment 1281076
Adam, is think you need to read the operations manual. Took me a while, but I finally got the hands aligned with the digital time. Next up is the sub-dial hand trued to the day (I need a little rest before I tackle that)

0623210136a~2.jpg

captp

Very cool
How big is that watch ?
On my wrist, sorry I don't have my calipers with me. (Doh! Check the specs, Space Cadet) 45.4 mm, 11.8 mm thick, thinnest analog/digital combo they make.
Also realized I set the digital time to 24 hour. Easy enough to change, i think.

0623211441~2.jpg

Last edited:

captp

Another thing. Why do they package the G-Shock so well?
I think they should throw it in an envelope with no padding, and only deliver it in a serious drenching downpour. Just to prove how tough it is.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Adam, is think you need to read the operations manual. Took me a while, but I finally got the hands aligned with the digital time. Next up is the sub-dial hand trued to the day (I need a little rest before I tackle that)

View attachment 1286002
Mine was displaying the date! Have you tried the feature to move the hands out of the way of the LCD yet? Pretty cool stuff. And yes, it is a pain in the rear to read at night! The light and the lume could be better. It's probably the most comfortable and best looking G-shock I've seen in a long while. The watch crowd call it the CASIOAK because it looks like a royal oak. For me, it punches above its price point.

captp

Mine was displaying the date! Have you tried the feature to move the hands out of the way of the LCD yet? Pretty cool stuff. And yes, it is a pain in the rear to read at night! The light and the lume could be better. It's probably the most comfortable and best looking G-shock I've seen in a long while. The watch crowd call it the CASIOAK because it looks like a royal oak. For me, it punches above its price point.
Guess I'm the one who needs to read the manual closer. Missed the multifunction of the time/date display.

Top Bottom