What's new

G&H Dark Plug back in stock at SP

I have probably destroyed my taste buds in regards to Lakeland at this point, but I don't detect any Lakeland essence from Dark Plug.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The lakeland style is flowery/perfume like, and it is very much a love or hate sort of thing. It's a pretty polarizing tobacco the same way Tabac's scent is a polarizing shave soap. :)

I like the scent of Tabac. Don't think I'd enjoy smoking it. ;)

I'll try anything once though. :)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like the scent of Tabac. Don't think I'd enjoy smoking it. ;)

I'll try anything once though. :)

I couldn't get used to Tabac. Tried my my best but still have a 3/4 5 year old puck. Maybe the scent has died down?

I couldn't get used to Tabac. Tried my my best but still have a 3/4 5 year old puck. Maybe the scent has died down?
I've seen others report that it does lose much of it's scent over time, so maybe it'll be ok for you now. lol I'm one of those that loves Tabac, but oddly I'm also one that loathes lakeland tobacco. Even the faintest hint of it and it makes me not want to smoke anything at all for the rest of the night, since I know from experience I'll have that aftertaste still mixed with anything else I try. *shrug*

Really? It's that flowery?
My personal opinion, after having both Ennerdale and Grousemoore was that it was like smoking something my grandmother had on her perfume stand for a few years that had evaporated and concentrated. Now, those are full out lakeland styles, not just a hint here or a taste there.

Really? It's that flowery?
Lakeland is one of those "love it or hate it" things, bit one fact is indisputable - it will ghost the hell out of whatever you smoke it in. Highly recommend a cob for your first encounter...you can dedicate a briar later if you decide you like it.

Lakeland is one of those "love it or hate it" things, bit one fact is indisputable - it will ghost the hell out of whatever you smoke it in. Highly recommend a cob for your first encounter...you can dedicate a briar later if you decide you like it.
Or a meer :lol:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The only reason I still have a cob is for the odd times I want some Grousenoor

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I got an estate meer that had been ghosted by something awful once, probably a Lakeland. It took a looooong time to get rid of that ghost!

Pouch note smells amazing. Four ounces might not be enough.

proxy.php

Top Bottom