What's new

Frag Acquisitions

This might be an after shave, but it's more potent than todays edts.
ChanelAntaeusAS500.jpg

Bulgari Man - Wood Neroli 😍

My oh my. Citrus and wood, as promised. Not unlike 4711, but with more wood, a touch more of muse, and, above all, staying power.

Glastonbury EdT by Stirling

This stuff smells great. An original creation from Stirling's co-owner Rod Lovan featuring aromatic lavender, patchouli and oakmoss that takes me right back to the 70s and 80s with compositions like Giorgio for Men, and Givenchy Gentleman in their original formulas before the IFRA ruined them and so many others.

This stuff smells great. An original creation from Stirling's co-owner Rod Lovan featuring aromatic lavender, patchouli and oakmoss that takes me right back to the 70s and 80s with compositions like Giorgio for Men, and Givenchy Gentleman in their original formulas before the IFRA ruined them and so many others.

High praise coming from you Drseid. I'll have to check it out sometime.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I tried a sample of the Glastonbury soap and was underwhelmed - not enough Patchouli. I’ve used exclusively Givenchy Gentleman for 48 years and I’m my opinion it remains exactly the same. There was a period where there was cloned Gentlemen on the market as I recall though.

Grabbed a couple Creed scents yesterday.

Aventus is a really clean spring/summer scent for here in the desert; same for Silver Mountain Water. Bonus is my wife loves them both.

Excited for good weather, felt like winter dragged on for a really long time this year.

The patchouli in Glastonbury is ramped up considerably in the EDT and runs rampant (though I actually prefer it more muted in the soap and aftershave in truth).

As for Givenchy Gentlemen, to my nose it is majorly diminished (and objectively it would have to be due to the IFRA restrictions on oakmoss).

A nice thing about 4711 is its dual function. It leaves you smelling good and it's an effective hand sanitizer. I have a small bottle I carry with me just for that purpose.

Top Bottom