What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Paco Rabanne, new formulation. I'd been hoarding my vintage 80s for nothing! The new one's just as good. Clean, soapy fougere, related to Brut, IMHO. Dated? Yeah. So? I sometimes shave with old razors, too.
AA

It can't possibly project as loudly or last as long due to oakmoss restrictions imposed by IFRA. I wore it in the 1980's as did quite a few others in movie theaters, dance clubs and diners at the time! Back then, I bought the splash edt bottles because you got more for less. They don't make them in splashes anymore. A splash on the neck and chest of PH Pour Homme back then and you were a cloud of Paco wherever you went!

Found a 20+ year old bottle of CK Obsession at my parents' house.

Was it a cologne or an edt back in 2000? When I first bought it in 1986, it was classified as a cologne and was stronger than many edp's of today. The closest thing to the original formulation is the women's Obsession edp. It's very close to the male version and extremely strong.

How are all you guys handling your packages when they arrive? Do you leave the box for a day? Do you open the box and wipe off the fragrance box and/or bottle with any disinfectants?

Bought a first year bottle of Guerlain Heritage edt a few days ago and it arrived today.
GuerlainHeritage92.jpg
GuerlainHeritage92b.jpg

Waiting for a sample of TOBS Sandalwood cologne and full bottle of Stirling Barbershop EdT to pair with the soap- both coming with other goodies including a Lilac AS

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Jcarr, I have got to know how the Atomic Bay Rum EdP performs. I have the aftershave/Cologne and it is so insanely strong I could only use it once. The sillage was outrageous and lasted all day. Unfortunately the scent is not my cup of tea.

I'll use it tomorrow and let you know. I had the aftershave and liked it. It did have legs. Expecting the cologne to be even more powerful. The shave soap is good too.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Jcarr, I have got to know how the Atomic Bay Rum EdP performs. I have the aftershave/Cologne and it is so insanely strong I could only use it once. The sillage was outrageous and lasted all day. Unfortunately the scent is not my cup of tea.

So, I used it this morning. Soap was Stirling Bay Rum and splash was Bootlegger's Bay Rum and then I hit myself with three squirts of PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum cologne. It's smells great, and I still smell it from when I used it three hours ago. BUt I wouldn't say it's overpowering by any means. As of right now...I don't think I'll smell it much come quitting time around 5pm EST. Hope this helps. Again, smells great...most folks on B&B think Atomic Age is a gem...but for longevity, I'd say it's average as far as colognes go.

My only other thought is...I could overcompensate and put more of it on and would get a more powerful effect.

Top Bottom