What's new

Frag Acquisitions

proxy.php
proxy.php

Montecristo Parfum. Incredible juice and a fantastic presentation that wouldn't fit in my desktop humidor;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$FullSizeRender_1.jpg$FullSizeRender.jpg
I picked this up at an estate sale today, if it weren't for recently discovering Badger&Blade, I don't know if I'd have gone through with it as the scents are not to my taste. The Royal Pub cologne, and aftershave by Revlon are both nearly full, and the body soap hasn't been touched. I am fond of the box which features dove-tailed joints and a nice map of Europe; my plan is to turn it into a humidor unless someone here is dying to add it to their collection. If so, I may turn it into my first pif.

Does anyone know anything about this collection?

Spring-time and upcoming warmer weather means adding some warm weather friendly frags:

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea

Retail, couldn't let go of the bottle? Or did you order it?

Sephora in Ft Lauderdale. Here on business, and had time in between meetings. Went to Nieman Marcus and Sephora. Got samples of TF Venetian Bergamot and Italian Cypress.

Couldn't help myself in Sephora, lol. Also got a sample of YSL l'homme ultime . Haven't tried it or the Sauvage yet, lol. Wore Venetian Bergamot to a formal dinner event tonight. Got one compliment too ;-)

proxy.php

Can't wait for it to arrive!

I have tried this one in their shop, rue de Grenelle. I like musc scents, but the females around me don't like them as much...:blushing:

This one has an interesting and definitely noticeable touch of lavender, among other things... You make me wonder, if I shouldn't try a bigger sample, just to be sure... :laugh: The drydown on FM scents is quite durable and complex, and hence interesting.

I have tried this one in their shop, rue de Grenelle. I like musc scents, but the females around me don't like them as much...:blushing:

This one has an interesting and definitely noticeable touch of lavender, among other things... You make me wonder, if I shouldn't try a bigger sample, just to be sure... :laugh: The drydown on FM scents is quite durable and complex, and hence interesting.

My wife doesn't care for the opening of this, but just wait 10-15 minutes and she loves it :)

Blind buy of one that I've been meaning to try

I still have about 1/10 of a bottle left that I bought in the 1980's. It's one of the several fragrances that got me compliments. One was from an absolutely beautiful receptionist at a Madison Avenue fashion client I had at the time.

Can you check the batch code at the bottom of the bottle and see what the production date is? Where did you buy it from?
I've learned to always check these two sites after buying fragrances. I'm planning to buy the current version, although it's been reformulated and apparently is not the powerhouse it used to be when it comes to longevity.

http://www.checkfresh.com/
http://checkcosmetic.net/

Last edited:
I did check the bottom of the bottle, which was hard to see. It had a ref. No. 980406-made in France. Next line said, 'mfd for CFG 95300 France.

The bottom of the box has the UPC of course and then an imprint that reads 'WV 15040'. And that is all. Not sure if the production date or batch code are any of these numbers, but that's all that's on the bottle and box.

Smells great though ;-)

Arrived today after 15 days, not bad for €10,25 including shipping all the way from Australia to Spain!!
It's made in USA, but for some reason the best value on eBay is to buy it from an Australian eBayer - The mind boggles !!
I loved this stuff ever since I bought my 1st bottle from Boots The Chemist in England back in the late 1980's when I was only 18, I got taken in by the ad on TV with the slogan "Musk Oil by Jovan, too sexy for words" and being a red blooded 18 year old I just had to wear it every time I went for a night out on the town !!
This is the 1st time I've bought it for 20 years, but I decided it would be a nice addition to my rotation -
DE shaving started out as an economical replacement for the M3 Power blades that had deteriorated because of the damp, then it became a hobby, now I'm getting back into my "Old School" aftershaves, I think it must be part of my mid-life crisis !! :lol:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/281977519899?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom