What's new

Foxhole Shavers Club

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Coming soon to a PIF near you. Sometime in February, 2018, the Quartermaster's Supply Closet will reopen for a Veteran PIF. I will include a Gillette Senator donated to me by @Mormon Bridge for this purpose. I am having it replayed in nice shiny Nickel, so it will be beautiful.
Keep an eye, or two, our for it.
Georg:
Ooh la la...awesome pif...I'll be keeping an 'eye' out.
proxy.php

proxy.php
"The greatest [pif] is a portion of thyself". Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited:
Coming soon to a PIF near you. Sometime in February, 2018, the Quartermaster's Supply Closet will reopen for a Veteran PIF. I will include a Gillette Senator donated to me by @Mormon Bridge for this purpose. I am having it replayed in nice shiny Nickel, so it will be beautiful.
Awesome! Thanks!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Georg...just when I think you have outdone yourself...you do something more! This may be one PIF I can't sit out on!

In 68 I was at Ft. Bragg and it was the hottest summer on record with humidity so hot there was no chance when in the field to keep cream or soap from drying out. I had my trusty Gillette DE army issue and they gave us a shave stick you rubbed on your face and then shaved. Horrible shaves! When I read about people cold shaving with a straight razor I wouldn't do that with a gun to my head. Give me hot water and comfort, I am not a Marine!

Sure thing! Shoot, maybe it's worth pinning somewhere? I've used some of the things listed there. The one I'd like to recommend the most is ACP American Corporate Partners I used them for guidance when starting Battle Brothers Shaving Co. They will also help you network and other ways too. I was connected with a Marketing CEO.

Sure thing! Shoot, maybe it's worth pinning somewhere? I've used some of the things listed there. The one I'd like to recommend the most is ACP American Corporate Partners I used them for guidance when starting Battle Brothers Shaving Co. They will also help you network and other ways too. I was connected with a Marketing CEO.
Awesome! Thanks. I also received a blade of yours from a buddy I work with and am going to be trying it out today.

Great! I'd love to hear about your experience! We take all feedback to heart. Being out of the military, we (the team and I) still want to serve our brothers and sisters in arms. We feel that this is the best way to do that with our mission to develop and provide outstanding shaving and grooming products. =)

Great! I'd love to hear about your experience! We take all feedback to heart. Being out of the military, we (the team and I) still want to serve our brothers and sisters in arms. We feel that this is the best way to do that with our mission to develop and provide outstanding shaving and grooming products. =)
Sounds good!

OK here’s my story and I’m sticking to it. The man said open to ALL veterans, etc. Then it says who has shaved in less than desirable conditions… WELL that throws a curveball at me. I guess I’ll tell my story and let ya-all decide.

Another Air Force Vet here, munitions 68-74. Had 3 to a room with air conditioning and a refrigerator to keep the beer cold - it was tough for this 19 year old, I’ll tell ya! 2 years in Florida developing really good smart bombs and Agent Orange, Blue, Purple, Red and Green, maybe more but my memory fails me right now - bet you didn’t know there were that many different choices. I guess they were trying to do better than Orange stuff. There wasn’t a blade of grass out to the horizon back by that little C-123. I also got to enjoy a year in Thailand at U-Tapao RTNB about 80 miles from Bangkok, gee that was about as hard as Florida. We put a lot of iron inside and under those B52’s. Dropped a few on the side of the road too but that’s a story for another time. Got me that S.E.A. ribbon though with direct support of Viet Nam. So what do ya think? In or out?

ba’hahaha!

Last edited:
OK here’s my story and I’m sticking to it. The man said open to ALL veterans, etc. Then it says who has shaved in less than desirable conditions… WELL that throws a curveball at me. I guess I’ll tell my story and let ya-all decide.

Another Air Force Vet here, munitions 68-74. Had 3 to a room with air conditioning and a refrigerator to keep the beer cold - it was tough for this 19 year old, I’ll tell ya! 2 years in Florida developing really good smart bombs and Agent Orange, Blue, Purple, Red and Green, maybe more but my memory fails me right now - bet you didn’t know there were that many different choices. I guess they were trying to do better than Orange stuff. There wasn’t a blade of grass out to the horizon back by that little C-123. I also got to enjoy a year in Thailand at U-Tapao RTNB about 80 miles from Bangkok, gee that was about as hard as Florida. We put a lot of iron inside and under those B52’s. Dropped a few on the side of the road too but that’s a story for another time. Got me that S.E.A. ribbon though with direct support of Viet Nam. So what do ya think? In or out?

ba’hahaha!
Welcome to the club.

Wow this is a pretty quiet thread here. Just came back after a few days and I’m still at the bottom.

Hey the story of my life; fits me well.

Anything I should know about what’s going on in the world of vets “that shave”? (That was a funny)

Anyone been to their VA lately? I have a few friends that are retired Army but they have a different paid health care and can go anywhere they choose - so they seem to shun the VA. I don’t know why, I kind of like my VA here in Milwaukee. (Zablocki VA) The staff is friendly and respectful of their patients. Lots of WWII vets, Korea, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Viet Nam et al. I ended up with some problems that are chemical related so I have to stop by at least once a year for a checkup. Sometimes I get the feeling I’m a statistic they are keeping track of. Still it’s a nice way to spend day with people that have so much in common. Unless you've been to your VA I think you'd be surprised at how many women vets there are. Like tons of em! My favorite ones are the WWII guys, they’re awesome and all in their 90’s. Course I’m in my late 60’s so I’m the kid.

Yeah...

/rant
Me and the VA are not on speaking terms ever since they "missed seeing" my father in laws stage 4 liver cancer until he had six months left. You'd think they'd pay attention to a Vietnam vet receiving disability for exposure to agent orange.

Did I mention that they determined that it wasn't service related so his widow has to sell the house?

I'm not a big supporter. There are good ones, and I'm glad you found one. I just don't really trust them. If my mechanic had the same history as the VA, would I take my car to him?
rant/

Now, I DO like the VFW...

Yeah...

/rant
Me and the VA are not on speaking terms ever since they "missed seeing" my father in laws stage 4 liver cancer until he had six months left. You'd think they'd pay attention to a Vietnam vet receiving disability for exposure to agent orange.

Did I mention that they determined that it wasn't service related so his widow has to sell the house?

I'm not a big supporter. There are good ones, and I'm glad you found one. I just don't really trust them. If my mechanic had the same history as the VA, would I take my car to him?
rant/

Now, I DO like the VFW...
The VFW is the one organization where I ensure I renew my membership. It is a great organization.

Sent via Tapatalk

Top Bottom