What's new

Found My Match: Gillette Silver Blue

After trying multiple blades in a sampler pack, I’ve settled on the blade that works for me. Gillette Silver Blue. This blade cuts cleanly but doesn’t nick up my face with the Van Der Hagen razor. Anyone else like the Gillette Silver Blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great choice. GSBs are my favorites as well along with Polsilver Super Iridiums. But the GSBs are less expensive than the Polsilvers so that gives them the edge. :001_rolle

Good to hear they are long lasting. I’d like to get 3 shaves out of each blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finding a blade that works is great. I like GSB too, I have found that the Wilkinson Sword (German) is comparable to it. As always, YMMV.

--Carlos

Just ordered 25 Gillette Silver Blues!
My 1st ever "bulk" blade purchase.

At my shaving rate of ~2x per week, and with ~4 uses per blade, that's basically a one year supply!

Yeah, I like to find "my thing" and stick to it!

So YES, I am most certainly going to donate all my other unused blades to the B&B Great Blade Exchange!

Cheers!

+1 all the great comments about GSB's!! Love 'em!!

...However...it wasn't until my technique developed in terms of quality and consistency that I gained my appreciation for them. As I got better so did the blades (and, mystery of mysteries, even the horrible ones improved)!!

You might also try Sputnik. They are made in the same factory. I can't tell them apart from GSB, but they are a lot cheaper and the packaging is retro cool looking. I use both interchangeably and buy 100 packs. The SB is one of my favorites. Also like Nacent the Yellow Sharp Edge. And Sputnik.

I was a devoted Feather fan until I tried GSBs; comfortable, close shaves and the blades hold up much better than Feathers; I can usually get a full week of shaves out of a GSB. Give them a shot, you'll be glad you did. I know I was.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
GSB has it all: sharp, smooth, and cheap. Kinda like me!

My favorite, followed closely by Astra SS.

GSB has it all: sharp, smooth, and cheap. Kinda like me!

My favorite, followed closely by Astra SS.
I'll have to try GSB. I like Astra SS and other Russian blades (Voskhod, Ladas, Gillette Nacet, 7 O'Clock green).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom