What's new

Found My Match: Gillette Silver Blue

For all of you that love GSB, could you please post a picture of a tuck? Internet search for them gives me pictures of 3 different designs...are all the same blade or is there difference between them?

GSBs are still my favorite all around blade. I like really sharp blades and they really sharpen up after their coating wears during the first shave. They are one of the few blades I can push to 7 days without dragging if I want to. My other favorites are Nacet, Gillette 7 O'Clock Black, Feather, and BICs. I also like Polsilvers, and Personna Israeli Reds but not quite as much. GSBs are a tough blade to beat for a combination of sharpness, smoothness, and durability plus they seem to do well in a variety of razors for most people.

I have not tried the GSB yet but I have some that I've recently received from Try a Blade. The Nacets I recently tried are outstanding! Can't wait to try the GSB. And for the record I also love the Astra SP & Voskhod.

I had tried a lot of blades in my qshave futul (merkur futur clone) and was still convinced it was a nasty snarling beast ready to cut you up when your guard was down....
Until I tried gilette silver blue in it. Since then it turned puppy 🐶 in a very comfy and capable shaver. And of course I tried but the silver blue does not work in all my other 🪒 but in some it does. Enough stocked so no stress

GSBs are fine blades, probably my favorite as of now. Perfect balance of sharpness and smoothness I’ve found except for perhaps the Personna Meds. However I find the Gillette Yellows and Astra Stainless not too far behind them in performance. I could live with any of them as my only blade.

After trying multiple blades in a sampler pack, I’ve settled on the blade that works for me. Gillette Silver Blue. This blade cuts cleanly but doesn’t nick up my face with the Van Der Hagen razor. Anyone else like the Gillette Silver Blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After trying many blades, the Silver Blue is by far my favorite. Second place for me is the Gillette Green pack 7 o'clock. Matched with Proraso from start to finish, this combination, at least for me has given me the perfect shave, every time.

I'll be on my fifth shave tomorrow, with the same blade. Never gotten this far with the same blade before. How many shaves do you tend to get with a Silver Blue?

David

Top Bottom