What's new

For once, at a loss for words.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
or at least words to describe how I feel. I haven't been around much lately. As many of you know, my stepdaughter went off the rails for a while (meth, to be exact) and CPS gave us my three grandchildren, aged 12, 4, and 1. With my wife's knee replacement shortly before that, life has been very busy. For the record, the oldest has a different father than the other two. We had him involved the whole time, and he agreed to let her stay with us so she could continue in the same school. Well, after about 2 months of that he went back on his word and took my stepdaughter to court. The judge granted him temporary custody of the oldest, at least until my stepdaughter gets her stuff together. I was heartbroken when this happened- I did not want these kids separated. The two youngest look to her almost as a mother, because she has had to fill that role for too long. I needed a lawyer, and that takes money. So, for the last two months I have been latching onto every bit of overtime I can get. It helps that they took one of my guys to work at our other facility to take the place of someone who quit. I also got myself a part time job. So, for the last month or so, my life has been getting up, helping the wife with the kids for a while, going to work, coming home, sleeping, lather, rinse, repeat. I can normally find time to surf at work, but things have gotten crazy there, too.

Well, things are starting to get a little better. I have a nice amount of savings to get the lawyer I need. Today is my first day off in some time, and I planned on checking in here while watching MNF (have seen almost no football this year). I went to lunch with the wife, and when I got home she said there was a package on the porch. I was hoping it was the SLR (film, not digital) that my father was going to send me. As I walked up to the porch I saw the package was far too small for that. When I picked it up, I saw the return address- it was from Mark Tinsky. Almost immediately I got a bit of a lump in my throat. I know the types of guys that frequent this site, and I just knew that at least one of them did something they shouldn't have. I still don't know exactly what to say about it.

So, what was in there? A morta in the shape of the 2013 LE pipe. The note says it is from my friends at B&B. I think friends may be the wrong word. I think it is much stronger than that. I am not good with this kind of thing, so please excuse if I am not making sense. I am getting a bit emotional. I am very proud to know all of you.

Attachments

• $morta.jpg
    $morta.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 283
or at least words to describe how I feel. I haven't been around much lately. As many of you know, my stepdaughter went off the rails for a while (meth, to be exact) and CPS gave us my three grandchildren, aged 12, 4, and 1. With my wife's knee replacement shortly before that, life has been very busy. For the record, the oldest has a different father than the other two. We had him involved the whole time, and he agreed to let her stay with us so she could continue in the same school. Well, after about 2 months of that he went back on his word and took my stepdaughter to court. The judge granted him temporary custody of the oldest, at least until my stepdaughter gets her stuff together. I was heartbroken when this happened- I did not want these kids separated. The two youngest look to her almost as a mother, because she has had to fill that role for too long. I needed a lawyer, and that takes money. So, for the last two months I have been latching onto every bit of overtime I can get. It helps that they took one of my guys to work at our other facility to take the place of someone who quit. I also got myself a part time job. So, for the last month or so, my life has been getting up, helping the wife with the kids for a while, going to work, coming home, sleeping, lather, rinse, repeat. I can normally find time to surf at work, but things have gotten crazy there, too.

Well, things are starting to get a little better. I have a nice amount of savings to get the lawyer I need. Today is my first day off in some time, and I planned on checking in here while watching MNF (have seen almost no football this year). I went to lunch with the wife, and when I got home she said there was a package on the porch. I was hoping it was the SLR (film, not digital) that my father was going to send me. As I walked up to the porch I saw the package was far too small for that. When I picked it up, I saw the return address- it was from Mark Tinsky. Almost immediately I got a bit of a lump in my throat. I know the types of guys that frequent this site, and I just knew that at least one of them did something they shouldn't have. I still don't know exactly what to say about it.

So, what was in there? A morta in the shape of the 2013 LE pipe. The note says it is from my friends at B&B. I think friends may be the wrong word. I think it is much stronger than that. I am not good with this kind of thing, so please excuse if I am not making sense. I am getting a bit emotional. I am very proud to know all of you.

thats a sweet pipe owen!! the guys here are pretty stellar. Glad you got a nice pick me up, if anyone deserves it, you do.

This is a special place... especially our lil nook of it.

Glad to see you around again and I hope that this marks the beginning of a change of luck for you.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This is a special place... especially our lil nook of it.

Glad to see you around again and I hope that this marks the beginning of a change of luck for you.
Yes it is. I was in a pinch to get my grand daughter back, but things are looking up. My lawyer works almost exclusively on grandparents rights and is pretty good. If things go to hell, she turns 13 in August, and in Texas that means she will have a say in court

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I wish I could say that I was in on it, but I wasn't. Whoever was did a wonderful thing.
Yes, it is, but i am not convinced of your innocence :001_smile

On edit: the pic isn't good, will get a better one tomorrow

Last edited:
I'm glad to see you back Owen, the place isn't the same without you.

That's a really good looking pipe, well done to the member/s that made it happen.

This place is it's own little heaven on earth, and we're here for you if you need us. If you don't feel like talking in public, hit me/us up with a PM anytime :thumbup:

Wow. Your story about how meth affected your family is all too common in my world. My wife is a psychologist who specializes in family issues, so I hear a lot about it. In our opinion, the production and sale of meth is one of the most evil things known to man. Horrible stuff. Sorry you have had to deal with it. Glad that you are getting some support, and that you have found the fortitude to hang in there for your family.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm glad to see you back Owen, the place isn't the same without you.

That's a really good looking pipe, well done to the member/s that made it happen.

This place is it's own little heaven on earth, and we're here for you if you need us. If you don't feel like talking in public, hit me/us up with a PM anytime :thumbup:

Congratulations Owen. I hope things continue to improve.

Wow. Your story about how meth affected your family is all too common in my world. My wife is a psychologist who specializes in family issues, so I hear a lot about it. In our opinion, the production and sale of meth is one of the most evil things known to man. Horrible stuff. Sorry you have had to deal with it. Glad that you are getting some support, and that you have found the fortitude to hang in there for your family.
Yes, it is heaven on earth, and because of the great guys here. Things are looking up, and my stepdaughter is doing the things she has to do to get her children back. She pisses me off sometimes, but is finally getting her head on straight and is worrying about her children.

Prayers for you and your family. I was faced with a similar situation about 5 years ago when we took in our 3 grandchildren (step-daughter, as well) to keep them from going into foster care. The situation was a bit different, but I can relate and sympathize to the fullest extent. Keep fighting the good fight. It's not an easy road, but those grandchildren have an excellent support system in you and your wife. Good on you, Owen. I wish all the best for you and yours.

Beautiful pipe, by the way. Enjoy some you time. :wink2:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Prayers for you and your family. I was faced with a similar situation about 5 years ago when we took in our 3 grandchildren (step-daughter, as well) to keep them from going into foster care. The situation was a bit different, but I can relate and sympathize to the fullest extent. Keep fighting the good fight. It's not an easy road, but those grandchildren have an excellent support system in you and your wife. Good on you, Owen. I wish all the best for you and yours.

Beautiful pipe, by the way. Enjoy some you time. :wink2:
Thanks, Mike. My grandchildren are the most important things in my life. I spoke of "little Mary"- I call her that because her cheeks remind me of my wife's. Here she is. She is my little precious, but please excuse my unshaven appearance.

Attachments

• $IMG_0233.jpg
    $IMG_0233.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 246
What you are doing is very noble sir. I work with at risk youth and the story you have described is unfortunately all to common. We need more of you.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What you are doing is very noble sir. I work with at risk youth and the story you have described is unfortunately all to common. We need more of you.

Well then, sir, I salute you. These are my grandchildren, so it is natural that I do that. It sounds like your job is taking care of of those who cannot defend themselves. Thank YOU for your work. Kids cannot fight for themselves- they need people like you to fight for them.

Welcome home. Glad to have you back. Very sorry to hear of the troubles Owen, it's good to hear you're making positive steps forward. Enjoy that pipe!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Welcome home. Glad to have you back. Very sorry to hear of the troubles Owen, it's good to hear you're making positive steps forward. Enjoy that pipe!
Thanks, Rob, and "home" is the perfect word to describe this oasis that is the desert called the Internet

Owen, sounds like things are slowly starting to change for the better for you. Nothing but the best of wishes for you and your family, and good on you for stepping up big time when it counts the most.

Hope you're able to find a few free moments to enjoy that beautiful Tinskey!

Wow. Incredible story. I hope your daughter continues to recover and that her daughters are able to overcome all this drama. You and your wife are saints for stepping in to "adopt" them for as long a period as you can.

Top Bottom