What's new

Flat Caps

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have about 10 now. I don’t wear them very often as LOTH believes that they are Grandpa caps. She doesn’t want me to wear them until I am a grandpa. The only problem is, is that I don’t have any children of my own. Her son is my stepson so I suppose I will be a step grandpa some day.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have about 10 now. I don’t wear them very often as LOTH believes that they are Grandpa caps. She doesn’t want me to wear them until I am a grandpa. The only problem is, is that I don’t have any children of my own. Her son is my stepson so I suppose I will be a step grandpa some day.
I have only step daughters, but my grandchildren are my grandchildren- been there since day one. I proudly wear the title of grandpa (pappy in my case).

My wife is the same. She hates my flat caps because she thinks they're old man caps but everyone else compliments me on them all the time. Oh well, she has some clothes that she loves but I hate too. [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well we are in cool company. Here are pictures of Brad Pitt, Robert Redford, and quarterback Tom Brady wearing a Flat Cap.

Pitt.jpg
Redford.jpg
Tom.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1580495648183.png

I don't care for the caps that have a wide diameter on top. I think that is more the style in England, I could be wrong. I have returned at least 3 flat caps because when I got them in they were too wide on top. I feel like I'm wearing a large pancake on my head.

1580495290410.png

1580495301325.png

1580495413289.png

1580495472932.png

1580495534473.png

Certainly in the past the flat cap tended to be a wider sort of affair ... more of the "pancake on head" if you like ... compared to nowadays.

In my case the wife was sick of ballcaps, I saw an ad on Facebook pushing Boston Scally.

Got a Scrapper which I think would be considered a duckbill. Logical first step away from ballcaps since they resemble a baseball umpires cap. I'm kinda lukewarm on it after wearing it a few times.

Next I got one of their original Grey herringbone caps. For me the fit was too shallow, felt like it was going to come off if I leaned over. Probably just me, weird head.

IMHO, think the way you wear the cap also makes a difference. I see guys wearing their hats back on their foreheads which to me looks less than flattering. Pull that cap further down closer to your eyes, looks better, again IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom