What's new

Flat Caps

I have been to Ireland many times and I've never seen anyone wearing of of those patchwork caps!

Plenty of plain ones

Gareth

Thanks, Gareth. I wonder if these patchwork caps are worn in England by anyone? I honestly have never seen anyone wearing them before. They look nice though, but I feel like I've got eyes on me every I wear them. It's not everyday that someone wears a cap like that.

patchwork_b11.jpg

Just for the heck of it, I'm wearing one of my beautiful patchwork caps. I'm looking great with this cap on. Some of the other caps don't stand out as much as this one, which is why I like it. I'm not getting as many women throwing themselves at me as I was before when I was using pomade and not covering my head with a cap, but oh well. I got tired of having to deal with pomade and fighting off these women. It gets bad for me because I get them throwing themselves at me all the time, because of my Hollywood looks. That's my curse, I guess.

I haven't gotten tired of my flat caps yet. They serve the purpose of covering up my wavy hair. I don't even need to bother with my hair when I get up in the morning. I just throw this baby on, and I'm out the door. This is great for me because I work a lot of hours each day, and it slows me down messing with my hair. A cap is the perfect answer. If I ever go bald or gray, I won't have to worry, because I'll have these beauties. What's important for me is to have a lot of different caps because I could never handle wearing the same tired old cap and wind up looking like cab driver. When these caps get old, they don't look so great. I don't want that to happen with me.

I am very disappointed. I just received my flat cap I ordered from Celtic Clothing and the color looks nothing like the picture on their site. It suppose to be a nice bright blue (see post #174) but instead it is mostly grey with faint blue lines in it. I will be returning it.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I am very disappointed. I just received my flat cap I ordered from Celtic Clothing and the color looks nothing like the picture on their site. It suppose to be a nice bright blue (see post #174) but instead it is mostly grey with faint blue lines in it. I will be returning it.

Besides the colour issue, was the design and fit to your liking?

Today, I'm wearing this cap:

quietman-11.jpg

It's another Quiet Man cap. It's a Donegal Tweed. It's excellent quality.

I now have over 50 flat caps since I started collecting them. My goal is to have at least 365 so I don't have to wear the same cap more than once a year. I'm taking the Imelda Marcos approach to collecting caps.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I would have kept it if the color was like the one on their site.

I notice you said it was on back order when you placed the order. The arrival was very quick for a product on back order. Makes me think there was a mix up when making your order up. What ever has happened it is too far out from what they advertised.

I notice you said it was on back order when you placed the order. The arrival was very quick for a product on back order. Makes me think there was a mix up when making your order up. What ever has happened it is too far out from what they advertised.

I was lucky in that it was back in stock right after I ordered it. That is a good point you make. Maybe there was some kind of mix up.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Today, I'm wearing this cap:

View attachment 875812

It's another Quiet Man cap. It's a Donegal Tweed. It's excellent quality.

I now have over 50 flat caps since I started collecting them. My goal is to have at least 365 so I don't have to wear the same cap more than once a year. I'm taking the Imelda Marcos approach to collecting caps.

Wow, that's one out there sort of goal.

My goal is to restrain myself to one new cap per year.
I got caught in a heavy downpour of rain the other day. The cap kept my old noggin warm and dry but it needed a day to fully dry naturally.
I'm happy to have two tweed caps for such occasions.

I got 5 new flat caps today. I spent a little over $230.

What I've noticed is that a lot of people don't look good with flat caps on. John Wayne looks better with a flat cap on, but a lot of people don't look good at all. I'm just thankful that I'm one of the few people that look amazing when i'm wearing flat caps. I'm not sure what I would do if I looked horrible wearing one of these beautiful caps. Oddly enough, Brad Pitt and George Clooney both look goofy wearing flat caps. I guess you have the right face and head to wear these caps.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I was given a flat cap quite some time ago, but when I tried it on for LOTH to give me the seal of approval she told me that it didn't suit me. I guess that I am one of the goofy looking ones.

I bought a duck-bill style a couple of months ago. It did not look good on me at all. I ended up giving it away. The duck bill style looks goofy on me.

Top Bottom