What's new

Flat Caps

I did want a blue flat cap so I found one on the Boston Scally site. I had to order it.
Thanks to you, I now own a Blue Scrapper Boston Scally Cap. I love it. The fit is better than my Goorin Brothers Duckbill which cost a bit more.

I got 5 new flat caps today. I spent a little over $230.

What I've noticed is that a lot of people don't look good with flat caps on. John Wayne looks better with a flat cap on, but a lot of people don't look good at all. I'm just thankful that I'm one of the few people that look amazing when i'm wearing flat caps. I'm not sure what I would do if I looked horrible wearing one of these beautiful caps. Oddly enough, Brad Pitt and George Clooney both look goofy wearing flat caps. I guess you have the right face and head to wear these caps.

Pitt looks good in a duckbill that's pulled down, but not in one that is cocked back like the pictures posted. And I think a wider/rounder style, like what Clooney is wearing, just looks goofy not matter who's wearing it. It looks like you're smuggling pancakes. That's just me, though. YMMV.

Last edited:
Thanks to you, I now own a Blue Scrapper Boston Scally Cap. I love it. The fit is better than my Goorin Brothers Duckbill which cost a bit more.

They make nice caps at Boston Scally.

Pitt looks good in a duckbill that's pulled down, but not in one that is cocked back like the pictures posted. And I think a wider/rounder style, like what Clooney is wearing, just looks goofy not matter who's wearing it. It looks like you're smuggling pancakes. That's just me, though. YMMV.

I agree that the wider style does look goofy. I once ordered a cap online and when it came in it was that style. I sent it back right away.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Well slap me down and call me Goofy with pancakes on his head. :)
(no more custom titles :001_tt2:)

While I don't have a full on floppy baker boy cap, I do enjoy my caddy cap. A looser fitting cap just feels so comfortable to wear. I've actually being wearing my Hills Hat cap for the past few days.

$caddy cap1.png

Well slap me down and call me Goofy with pancakes on his head. :)
(no more custom titles :001_tt2:)

While I don't have a full on floppy baker boy cap, I do enjoy my caddy cap. A looser fitting cap just feels so comfortable to wear. I've actually being wearing my Hills Hat cap for the past few days.
Whatever makes you happy is great. :) Besides, that's not wide and floppy enough to be goofy. It actually has a shape.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Whatever makes you happy is great. :) Besides, that's not wide and floppy enough to be goofy. It actually has a shape.

I went to my local hat maker and tried on a few caps.
The baker boy was just too floppy for me, while I think others can pull it off.
I tried a duck bill and also found it did not fit my shape of face.

I quite like this 7 Piece Cap from Hills Hats.....just not the price plus I've just bought my cap for the year.
I think you nailed it with still having some shape, that may be why I put the baker boy back on the shelf.

7 piece.png

I picked up this cheap leather cap on Amazon, I forgot who the dealer was, but it was only $5.00. The price was reduced. (It's probably not real leather.) I got it for wet weather. I didn't want to wear my wool caps in the pouring rain.

DSCN4940.JPG

As you can see, Brad Pitt has been into wearing flat caps for many years now. They say a lot of stars following his lead by wearing flat caps.

Some great links to hat sites on this thread. I have some from the Ireland Hatman, and the quality is very good. No issues with shipping.

However, sorry to say, but I do not get some of these posts, what is the point about "celebrities" wearing caps?

When you go to a hat shop a person can see how it looks on them, and if it suits them. You can get opinions from friends and the store clerk also.

Clothing items of celebrities is not really relevant, unless someone wants to mimick their look.

Some great links to hat sites on this thread. I have some from the Ireland Hatman, and the quality is very good. No issues with shipping.
However, sorry to say, but I do not get some of these posts, what is the point about "celebrities" wearing caps?
When you go to a hat shop a person can see how it looks on them, and if it suits them. You can get opinions from friends and the store clerk also.
Clothing items of celebrities is not really relevant, unless someone wants to mimick their look.

Yes that's for sure. I know I do not like the way the duck-bill style looks on me.

Hi Pepin, the point of me posting photos of celebrities wearing flat caps is to show how popular these caps have become with the Hollywood crowd. It's interesting to me how the flat caps have caught on with the celebrities, but it's obviously irrelevant for the average person looking for a cap. For me, I never paid much attention to flat caps at all until recently. So it's interesting to look around and notice that the celebrities are now wearing them. The caps have been around forever, but they're catching on with a lot of people in the United States. In the UK, the people are used to them.

Perhaps there should be a "Celebrity Fashion" thread in the Haberdashry.

Keep up with what your favourite (or despised) celebrity is wearing.

....... just a thought. :001_rolle

I can't find an image to link to (at work), but I've ordered:

British Made Button Top Cap in Vermilion Red Donegal Tweed By Gamble & Gunn

Top Bottom