What's new

First successful fitting

so i started with about 1 &1/4 pucks of williams (tired of them bouncing around my bowl). Grated them by hand with one of these.

proxy.php

i tried to press the shavings into a bowl, but they kept falling apart...so i grabbed about a teaspon of proraso 'soap', dropped it in and mixed with a knife. It cemented it together great and i've got a hard dense, slightly mentholated version of williams.

I used the proraso in place of water, as i wasn't sure how fresh williams would react, its kind of plastic-y and water resistant, so i thought i'd try something new. Also, the whole tabac disease got me slightly worried about moisture compromising the soap.

Can't wait to see how it performs in the morning.

Interesting combo. I've noticed that it takes some moisture to get everything to "come together" after milling and refitting to a bowl.

-update-

lathered up with ease, thick creamy soapy penetration into my brush with a few swirls. Right now i'm letting it soak into my beard (havn't showered). It smells like williams, but theres a slight menthol tinge to it thats quite refreshing. Will report back on the shave in moments.

so far, i'd describe it as a slightly richer, thicker, creamy version of williams.

I've had the same problem with my Williams puck bouncing around in the mug, so I just sort of cemented it in. Center the Williams puck in the bottom of the bowl or mug. Then melt down a little glycerin soap like VDH (I tried Col. Conk Lime) in the microwave for about 15 seconds and pour the molten stuff around the puck. When the molten stuff hardens, the puck won't be going anywhere. I have found that the Williams and the glycerin soap combine to make great lather (and you save your knuckles, too)
Anyway, it's just something I tried when I had a little time on my hands. Enjoy!

Pete

^thanks^i was just using what i had lying around.

-update-
WOW. Very hydrating, slick and quite a bit of cushion. I'm really impressed at how well this worked out...if i could pick one word, it would be luxurious.

If you've got williams lying around and you plan to fit it to a container, give this a shot, i think you'll be impressed.

BBS. shave today on my birthday. I feel like a king.

*edit*
Haha also post number 420. Nice.

Last edited:
^thanks^i was just using what i had lying around.

-update-
WOW. Very hydrating, slick and quite a bit of cushion. I'm really impressed at how well this worked out...if i could pick one word, it would be luxurious.

If you've got williams lying around and you plan to fit it to a container, give this a shot, i think you'll be impressed.

BBS. shave today on my birthday. I feel like a king.

Sweet.

And Happy Birthday.

Top Bottom