What's new

First SR shave

Shave #32 of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (1), Gillette Toggle, Astra SP blade (1), RR Big Bruce synth, LNHC Coconut Oud soap, generic witch hazel, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

Decent oud shave today! I didn’t quite load enough, so the lather was a bit thin, but it all worked out in the end! No nicks or weepers, only a tab bit of irritation.

Committing to trying to use the same blades for the entire month. Both were a tad rough today, but in general that’s expected for these blades the first time or two out. Almost also personally committed to a month of Cella shaves just to work the puck down on something, anything. I decided in the last minute not to though. At least not today!

Ya’ll have a great Friday. FGIF!

Shave #33 of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (2), Gillette Toggle, Astra SP blade (2), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Paul Sebastian AS to finish!

Day 2 of the One Month, One Blade challenge. Everything smoothed out a little today; I dropped the Toggle down to setting 4 to help with that, and the Feather Pro just naturally smooths out fairly quickly.

I also started, I guess I’ll call it, the Faux 3017 with the Cella. Of course I get an immediate day off tomorrow, Sundays being free choice day and all, lol. I’ll just continue with the Cella otherwise until I get tired of it. Then I’ll put it aside for a bit, then come back to it. I’ll be blooming it every shave and loading relatively hatefully so I can make a sizable dent at least. I’ve had this one over a year already.

Today is my long, late day at work for the week. Tons of things going on, plus services and meetings to prepare the campus for tomorrow. Anxious for this day to be over.

Last night/early morning we had a howler of a storm blow through - high winds, decent downpour. Glad we still have some rain coming through! We need it!

Have a relaxing Saturday all!

proxy.php

2 pass, super bbs, 5 minutos ,SS Feather proguard blade

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Shave #34 (Open Blade Shave #242) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (3), Gillette Toggle, Astra SP blade (3), Yaqi SF synth, Elite Puke soap, generic witch hazel, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EdT to finish!

Just a quick entry as we are off to church for the morning.

Great final shave with the Toggle and accompanying Feather SS. Sent the Toggle out with a bang, Elite Puke soap and Fine Platinum on point!

I did almost make a bad mistake with the SS. On my scoop under the nose, the first stroke came in a hair too steep. Luckily I had a light hand today. I felt it start to dig in but was able to immediately back off. It’s never happened before! Not blood or irritation; I don’t think I cut deeper than the first layer of skin if at all. Phew!

Another crazy night/early morning of storming rains and winds. All is good though.

After service we’re off to a Super Bowl Birthday party for a friend, then hopefully home for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #35 (Open Blade Shave #243) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (4), RR German 37 Slant, Astra SP blade (4), Yaqi SF synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Myrsol Formula C AS to finish!

Good first shave with the slant!

Video is up on the Tube! GearNoir’s Shave Log.

Shave #36 (Open Blade Shave #244) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (5), RR German 37 Slant, Astra SP blade (5), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Lucky Tiger AS to finish!

What’s the positive to using Cella for most shaves? It goes with any AS!

Overall I’d say the shave was a step forward with the slant; I got better results from yesterday. I did make one mistake during my ATG pass. I was a bit on auto pilot and forgot that I was using a slant instead of a regular DE...so I roughed up my sideburns a little bit. :001_tongu

Thankfully I wear them a little long, so I have plenty of room for accidents like that. A quick touch up with the Feather and they were back to good.

Feather Pro and Astra SP still going strong, as expected.

Back to work today. We’re roughly half way through the kids basketball season. It’s fun watching so many kids have a great time learning the game, friendly competition, and some positive values.

My Mr Mom duties are nearly at an end! This morning was the first week day in a good while that I’d been able to not have to wake up and get everyone off to their places. The missus can drive in relatively short stints in town now. It was nice.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #37 (Open Blade Shave #245) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (6), RR German 37 Slant, Astra SP blade (6), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS to finish!

Saw Mike’s post today in which he used his Bay Rum accoutrements, thought “mmm that sounds good”, and followed suit!

Another solid shave with the Feather/G37 razor combo today. I felt the blade heavily a couple times, but no blood. The G37 has a scalloped closed bar (think along the lines of the Muhle R41), so once in a while the blade makes itself known if you aren’t watching your angle, or if something happens to get into one of the scallops, like the edge of a lip.

No sleeping in today. Wednesdays are my normal days to get the kids to school, so I did that, then came back for my morning clean up. About to head out now to a date morning before the missus heads to work.

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #38 (Open Blade Shave #246) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (7), RR German 37 Slant, Astra SP blade (7), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, Man Dom AS, and Pinaud Citrus Musk splash on to finish!

Not much to see here really. Blades are still going stronk and still getting excellent shaves from the slant. The slant was just an easy dial-in. I think it’s greatest weakness though is it’s slant and the fact that I’m still having a hard time squaring up things (no mistakes today, I just got close on the sideburns though instead of a full cleanup).

Watched everyone’s Opposite Challenge videos so far, awkwardness seems to be the key word, but easily doable otherwise. I won’t get to mine until Monday most likely.

Middle son has a Cultural Heritage project going on in class. Today it includes foods, so I made the easy and correct choice to fry up some Meat of the Gods...spam of course. Off soon to deliver that!

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #39 (Open Blade Shave #247) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (8), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (8), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and BB Brut Fresh AS to finish!

Took a page out of Rich’s and Dave’s book today, swapping in the GC and some Brut for the shave.

So about an hour after the shave yesterday, I had some delayed irritation pop up. The Man Dom and Citrus Musk gave a good burn when applied, but it had faded away for a while. So not sure exactly what contributed to the irritation, but it lasted a moderate portion of the day. That also influenced my safe choices today. I kid you not though, that RR slant gets a close shave...most of my face was barely DFS today, some parts of my cheeks, still BBS...24 hours later!

Anyway, today’s shave was a nice and mild follow up to yesterday’s. Still a little tenderness on the tops of my cheekbones, where the irritation was, but no other adverse effects as of yet.

Two shifts left until my weekend! This week has flown by for sure!

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #40 (Open Blade Shave #248) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (9), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (9), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and CC Venture AS to finish!

Just a quick entry today, as I’m already well into the work shift. I did get my shave on this morning to help wake me up. Just a good, smooth shave, no fuss.

5 and a half more hours and I’m free!

F5B01E42-BA0B-4F6D-BCEA-7C4154886673.gif

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #41 (Open Blade Shave #249) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (10), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (10), Yaqi SF synth, CBL Barbershop soap, generic witch hazel, Speick AS, and Mr. Burberry frag to finish!

Sadly, another rushed and slightly unfulfilling shave this morning, though the results were good. We were going to take our time getting ready for services this morning, but got a text that the oldest was supposed to be there early to work in the tech booth. So instead of a little over an hour to get out the door, we had about 40 minutes.

So, a quick two pass with a nice, slick CBL lather...it was almost like doing the speed shave challenge over again! :001_tongu A sham it had to be on my free day though.

Typical busy Sunday at church ahead otherwise. I’m also on chaplain duty for the day.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #42 (Open Blade Shave #250) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (11), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (11), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Fine Clean Vetiver AS to finish!

It’s about darn time you got this out Chris! Well I agree!

Checked some shave boxes today...video is up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Shave #43 (Open Blade Shave #251) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (12), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (12), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Master Jade AS to finish!

My new week starts! Had a nice shave to kick it off.

Both blades still cutting pretty decently, though they’ve lost their super sharp edges for the most part. Now they are just comfortable. No complaints about the Cella, just a solid soap.

Yesterday I got in a package which contained the first razor for my FIL, a Feather Popular. I’ve never used one before, but it seems like an OK razor. Feels to have some plastic parts along with some, probably zamac, metal pieces. I think I’ll otherwise go with a very similar package to what I gave my dad - prewar Tech, a synth brush, some classic soaps, and a couple aftershaves.

Back to work in a few hours, should be a busy afternoon/evening. Overall the days off were nice though, as busy as they were; it felt like an actual weekend, and I got some rest.

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #44 (Open Blade Shave #252) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (13), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (13), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

Very nice shave today after getting everyone off to school for the day!

It’s date morning for the missus and I (before she heads off to work), so even though everything is pretty much the same, I picked a finisher AS she has commented on liking most recently.

Blades still smooth but less sharp. Astra SP doing a passable final pass and clean up. Feather is swiftly getting to the point where it does passable on the WTG and XTG, but would be likely very uncomfortable for a ATG pass. Determined to hang in there with these 2 as long as possible.

This weekend, the end of my work week come Fri/Sat, is shaping up to be a heck of a couple of days. We still are down a person on the team and one of the part timers is asking for the weekend off. The guy just doesn’t have good timing, lol, but we’ve had to reject a couple of his other requests more recently already. I hate not giving people time when they ask for it, especially when I know that my own requests are looming in the not to distant future. It’ll be extra work for me, but I went ahead and gave him the green light since, fortunately, it’s a bit of an easier weekend in general than the last few weeks.

Speaking of time off, I do have two upcoming vacation plans solidified. The first is the annual weekend away sans children for the missus and I, down to Carmel, CA. The second is a year away but the family trip to Hawaii is set in stone, barring serious complications between now and then. It’ll be the first time for the kids and me, and we’ll be going with the wife’s side of her immediate family. Super stoked!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #45 (Open Blade Shave #253) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (14), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (14), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS to finish!

Late night yesterday after work, finishing the kids’ Valentines for their classes, so I’m a bit tired today.

Nice, refreshing shower and shave though! It took a good bit of cleanup to get a nice finish under the chin, but no irritation at least.

Starting last night through late this morning, we’ve had quite the storm blowing through. Moderate rain and consistent, high gust winds. It’s calmed somewhat now, but is supposed to continue through the weekend. Glad I got that yard work done when I did!

Happy Thursday all!

Top Bottom