What's new

First SR shave

Shave #46 (Open Blade Shave #254) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (15), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (15), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Stirling Black Pepper & Lime AS to finish!

Very nice shave this morning, about 95%+ BBS, no irritation. Both blades still feeling smooth though not properly sharp as a newer blade might feel. Still, the shave was good, so I press on!

This Stirling Pepper Lime is quite a nice and different pop of scent to what I normally have on!

Quiet morning otherwise, just me and the dogs.

Work was crazy yesterday, I was the only person on shift for the entire last half of closing. I got done adequately and on time though thankfully. The coworker who we gave the weekend off to, after a scheduling snafu in his favor, opted not to come into work yesterday either; he knows we could have used him though. Some people. :001_rolle

Back to to work this afternoon. A new hire (thank goodness!) starts this evening. He was supposed to have started over a week ago, but some mix up happened at the background check and it took over a week to process. It’ll be a whirlwind start for him, learning during a weekend of Upward chaos, but thankfully the job isn’t rocket science right? :001_tt2:

Have a a great Friday all!

Shave #47 (Open Blade Shave #255) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (16), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (16), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, Osage Rub AS, and Man Dom AS to finish!

Good shave today, though markedly more cleanup was required. Still no irritation or cuts.

Lots of videos out today...it’s great!

Last shift of the week coming up, going to be a long day. I’ll be glad to have it done!

Meanwhile, the family will be off to a Chinese New Year celebration in the Bay that my side of the family holds annually. Usually s good 50+ people show up! This year, it’s at a nice restaurant. I hope I get a nice big box of leftovers!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #48 (Open Blade Shave #256) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (17), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (16), RR Big Bruce synth, CBL 50 Shades of Vetiver soap, generic witch hazel, Fine Platinum AS, and Fine Platinum EdT to finish!

Just a quick entry as we head out to services!

Shave was good! It did feel a little rough today, I don’t think it was the blades, at least I hope not. I’ll try again tomorrow.

I guess I’ve really been craving the “fresh” type soaps. I’ve been faithful to my faux 3017 so far with daily Cella use, but I was just really craving the Vetiver this morning, so the CBL 50 Shades got picked up. This scent has grown on me immensely since first use.

The family has a three day weekend, so everyone is off tomorrow. My extra day off will come later in the week (I have Mondays off anyway).

A few meetings today and a couple chores after service, then it’s chill time!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #49 (Open Blade Shave #257) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (18), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (18), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Pitralon Classic AS to finish!

Video up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Shave #50 (Open Blade Shave #258) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (19), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (19), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, Lucky Tiger AS, and Ogalalla Sandalwood & Bay Rum AS to finish!

Nice, normal shave today! A tad of irritation on the mouth corners where I chased a little and a bit of the feeling of dryness though none is visible, nothing a little moisturizer won’t fix! Chugging on with the One Month/Blade challenge and faux 3017 of Cella.

Back to work in a couple of hours, though it will be a shorter week; I’ll get either Thursday or Friday off, which will be nice. Only a few weeks of Upward basketball left, then will be a period of volleyball league, same kid age groups though not as big since this is only its 2nd year. Then we’ll be darn near if not at Summer! Hard to believe!

Dropped off John’s AC razor collection he let me try at the post today...parting was sweet sorrow. It was a fun experience though!

Roughly a month left before my custom badger should be shipped! Stoked!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #51 (Open Blade Shave #259) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (20), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (20), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and CC Venture AS to finish!

Quick update before the missus and I have our date morning coffee and she’s off to work.

Got up early for my Mr Bus Driver duties, got the kids off to school, then came back for my cleanup and shave.

Blades are still cutting, notably less efficient though, a little rough when chasing. I have a slight bit of irritation; I think I used a bit of pressure during the final passes. Final stubble reduction is still really good though, about 90%+ BBS.

Confirmed that I get Friday off! Pretty happy about that, hopefully it’ll be a mostly lounging day.

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #52 (Open Blade Shave #260) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (21), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (22), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS to finish!

Made the conscious choice not to push things today and to try and limit strokes (or the habit of stroking over an area multiple times on a pass) a bit. Was definitely rewarded with zero irritation and still very acceptable (by my standards) results.

Today was a bay rum day, always highly enjoyable. I quickly forget how much of an alcohol punch Bootlegger’s BR has! Phew! Feels good though.

House to myself and the dogs this morning. Today should be a decently easy work shift. Tomorrow is my extra day off. Feeling good at the moment.

As part of my studying and brushing up on the Bible for tests, I’ve been listening to The Bible Project videos (on the Tube) on repeat. They do an excellent job coherently distilling what the main points and themes of each book is about.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #53 (Open Blade Shave #261) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (22), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (22), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Proraso Red AS to finish!

Just a quick entry...I’m relaxin!

Great shave just now. Got woken up by the dogs trying to get out the back door to do their business, so I figured I’d just get a jump on the day.

Blades are plateaued right now, not good, not terrible. Looking like I’ll be able to finish the month!

Just hanging out now till the family gets home later. Ahhhhh.

Happy Friday all!

Shave #54 (Open Blade Shave #262) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (23), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (23), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Stirling Barbershop AS to finish!

Already been at work for over an hour, so just a quick entry.

Yesterday was a great, relaxing day. Admittedly, I played RDD2 most of the day - great game so far, definitely not for the kiddies though.

This morning I was up pretty early but had a nice, revitalizing shower n shave. Blades are still plateaued to performing just well enough, Cella still performing consistently well.

Main job today, besides keeping an eye on the gym area while basketball games are going, is to get the Sanctuary ready for services tomorrow. Activities for the day tomorrow will be focused on celebrating the kids’ basketball season so far, there will be open courts after service, food, games, etc. Then as the season ends in a couple weeks, we’ll have another celebratory Sunday for the kids and their families to close things out.

Off to be Mr Maid!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #55 (Open Blade Shave #263) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (24), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (24), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, Fine L’Orange Noir AS, and Terry d’Hermes frag to finish!

Already up and at church.

Great shave this morning. I even did some buffing on the chin and upper lip, no irritation surprisingly enough! 90%+ BBS. Orange you glad for Terre d’Hermes? I am! :001_tongu

Services, basketball celebrations, then off to the hometown for a joint celebration of birthdays for my youngest and a niece.

Shave #55 (Open Blade Shave #263) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (24), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (24), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, Fine L’Orange Noir AS, and Terry d’Hermes frag to finish!

Already up and at church.

Great shave this morning. I even did some buffing on the chin and upper lip, no irritation surprisingly enough! 90%+ BBS. Orange you glad for Terre d’Hermes? I am! :001_tongu

Services, basketball celebrations, then off to the hometown for a joint celebration of birthdays for my youngest and a niece.

Happy Celebrations, Shaves, and Sundays!

Shave #56 (Open Blade Shave #264) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (25), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (25), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Fine Savon Lavande AS to finish!

Video up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Shave #57 (Open Blade Shave #265) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (26), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (26), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, Old Spice AS (modern), and Lucky Tiger AS to finish!

Nice shower and shave this morning while catching up on folks’ videos. No irritation post-shave, but the Feather felt pretty rough this time around. The Astra SP hasn’t changed and I was able to do some light buffing again. If not for that, I’d have been only about 40% BBS, so the lack of a sharp edge is pretty noticeable.

I’ve kept to my 2 razor shaves pretty well this month, but I think it’s time to at least bring an SE into the mix here n there. Next month I’ll probably use the GEM Jr a couple times and perhaps the Hawk.

Back to a regular work week today. The weather has been chilly and we have had light rain since yesterday, which should continue through tomorrow. I do like this kind of weather!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #58 (Open Blade Shave #266) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (27), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (27), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and CC Venture AS to finish!

Not much to report, just a good shave!

Shave #59 (Open Blade Shave #267) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS, Feather Pro blade (28), RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade (28), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS to finish!

Happy to be finishing the One Blade One Month today! Strong finish with both blades! Razors get a nice bath n cleaning today.

Last edited:
Shave #60 (Open Blade Shave #267) of 2019:

Gear: GEM Jr, GEM blade (?), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

Nice change of pace for the shave today, picked up the GEM Jr, which has a blade with an undetermined number of shaves on it, probably 10 ish or a couple less. Not to shabby. No blood loss or irritation, about 60% BBS range.

Shave #61 (267 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Hawk v1, Feather Pro blade (1), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Barbasol PR AS to finish!

Shave #62 (267 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Ikon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade (2), Fatip Piccolo, Astra SP blade (1), Yaqi SF synth, AOS Sandalwood cream, AOS Sandalwood Preshave Oil, generic witch hazel, AOS Sandalwood Balm, and Mr Burberry frag to finish!

Shave #63 (267 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Ikon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade (3), Fatip Piccolo, Astra SP blade (2), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and The Veg AS to finish!

Normal Monday video Log is up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Shave #64 (267 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Ikon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade (4), Gillette Prewar Fat Handled Tech, Astra SP blade (3), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Skin Bracer AS (modern) to finish!

Shave #65 (267 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Gillette Prewar Fat Handled Tech, Astra SP blade (4), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and BB Brut Fresh AS (modern) to finish!

Back to normal posts:

Shave #66 (267 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Ikon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade (5), Gillette Prewar Fat Handled Tech, Astra SP blade (5), RR Big Bruce synth, Cella soap, generic witch hazel, and Pitralon Classic AS to finish!

Nice shower n shave today! This morning I was back to the old routine of losing 30 minutes of my day trying to keep up with everyone on the forum. It was nice!
upload_2019-3-7_10-37-50.gif

I’ve been finding that, while my prep, shaves, and post have overall have been excellent, I’m having a hard time lately getting the corners of the mouth and under the chin to a long-lasting BBS like I used to (or like I think I used to?). Some really stubborn stubble has been popping up. I mean it’s just meant more cleanup and experimenting (skin stretches and puffing up area), but it’s become more noticeable the effort required.

Today is my Wednesday at work, but shouldn’t be too bad.

The missus and I are greatly looking forward to our annual weekend away, with no children, next week, to the Carmel, CA coastline for a couple of days. This will be our 4th year doing it I believe. Worth it every time!

Have a great Thursday all!

Top Bottom