What's new

Finally tried Haslinger

I have two Razorock empty tubs waiting for a coconut and a schamilf to arrive. I think that will be a perfect fit. Being honest, I scooped out the RR soaps and formed them into bath soap bars, they were not seeing any action after their first and only use...

I agree. Many soaps load much more easily than commonly thought, with the result that there is far too much soap in the brush to ever get enough water to make slick lather. Glycerine soaps in particular seem to get sticky when the lather is dry, but Haslinger will too.

The lather should be "soft" enough to slump when squeezed out of the brush, if it's like hard whipped cream, it's too dry to shave with.

Peter

Just checked my Slice App and my first Schafmilch puck arrived today. I am looking forward to trying it soon.

You will find the sent when you bloom the soap for 5 to 10 minutes with a bit of warm water Love it clean tal power sent reminds me of shaving with my dad as a child with out a blade

You will find the sent when you bloom the soap for 5 to 10 minutes with a bit of warm water

I don't see the need to bloom... I start shaving as soon as I get up and I get great lather. The scent, or lack of, reminds me of Cella.

Blooming Haslingers would be a waste of time so far as I can see, I get more than enough soap in my brush in just a few seconds on a dry puck. A new puck of Williams I can see blooming but not Haslinger or any glycerine soap. I have trouble preventing myself from loading too much soap to make good lather with those.

Peter

Came back from a short stay in Durham this week and took some Haslinger honey which I pressed into a small tin. Great stuff!
I've ordered a puck of Schafmilch and also a puck of Sage to try. Hoping they will arrive this weekend!

Haslinger Aloe was my first purchase and I'm about halfway through the little puck. Bought Schafmilch a few months ago and I like it as well. Don't quite understand the dislike of the scent as it's pretty mild. I can put any AS on after and they don't clash.

Haslinger Aloe was my first purchase and I'm about halfway through the little puck. Bought Schafmilch a few months ago and I like it as well. Don't quite understand the dislike of the scent as it's pretty mild. I can put any AS on after and they don't clash.

Good point. For me, the scent of a soap is for the shave and the AS is for the rest of the day. I'd rather not have one arguing with the other.

NO HASLINGER SOAP DOWN THE DRAIN AGAIN FOR GOD SAKE.

Give it to a person who really understands and appreciates the quality of these soaps. Top 5 soap.Period.

My Schafmilch puck smelled like a wet flock of sheep. I shredded it, soaked it in Pinaud Bay Rum, and left it in an open container for weeks to gas out. Some might ask if it was worth the effort. It was.

My Schafmilch puck smelled like a wet flock of sheep. I shredded it, soaked it in Pinaud Bay Rum, and left it in an open container for weeks to gas out. Some might ask if it was worth the effort. It was.
Lot of effort to ruin it great soap if you ask me!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Lot of effort to ruin it great soap if you ask me!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Originally it smelled so bad I didn't want to use it. The performance is so good and Pinaud is so cheap that it was worth a try. It was a choice between getting creative or throwing it out.

Isn't it funny how people smell things differently. Schafmilch smells strong and bad? I can't say I've ever experienced that. It's a mild scent, slightly soapy with maybe a touch of lilac for scent.

Isn't it funny how people smell things differently. Schafmilch smells strong and bad? I can't say I've ever experienced that. It's a mild scent, slightly soapy with maybe a touch of lilac for scent.
I just got an off puck, I'm sure. I figure that either the lanolin wasn't refined or the sheep milk was curdled. These things happen.

Top Bottom