What's new

Finally tried Haslinger

So up until this point I've stuck with the more common brands. Razorock, Stirling, Proraso, etc., but I think that was a mistake!

After doing some more reading on here and seeing several people mention Haslinger Schafmilch, I decided to give it a try. Wow am I glad I did! The lather is just so much.., thicker? than any other I've tried. The protection was top notch and it lathered quicker than any soap I've tried. Literally had a great lather After just a few swirls around the bowl. The scent is pleasant, but admittedly not what I'd usually go for. The wife liked it though, so that's a plus. If the shave/lather quality continues, the ready of my soaps will be getting dusty sitting on the shelf!

Funny, same exact experience this evening, though I put the scent into the "I loved it instantly" category. Tabac had always been my gold standard for lather, but the Haslingers blows it out of the water. I found myself going for touchups without a second lather and being absolutely shocked at how efficient and slick it was. Now my only question - with a puck so small, what do most people keep it in?

I'm a fan of the Haslinger Coconut. It's right up there with my other top soaps - Tabac and Stirling.

As for where to put it, I find that my Seaforth mug is the perfect size. Since those aren't especially common, you could just get an old milk-glass, tapered coffee cup from a thrift shop.

I wished I could like their scents. but I don't.

You can mash up the Haslinger Schafmilch and add a few drops of pure essential oil the scent you like, just be extra careful when adding the amount of pure essential oil otherwise it will smell very strong and you might get skin irritation.

Haslinger Schafmilch and Tabac are my two best soaps in terms of performance. I like the scent of Tabac more.

I put mine in a regular soap tub with a little water and let it sit a day or so - it softened enough to be able to form it - left it open for another day or 2 and it was good to go!

HaslingerAloe.JPG

I have 2 Haslinger pucks that will probably get stickified. Their consistency an ease of loading seems ideal for a home made shaving stick.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Possibly the best-performing soap there is.

Good thing the scents are not outstanding, or we'd use nothing else!

Now, take MdC Fougere or SV Felce Amromatico ...

AA

These are GREAT soaps IMHO! So far I have finished pucks of schafmilch, aloe vera, sandalwood, and coconut. Each has been replaced (with back-ups), and I have the rest of their line-up on deck! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

When I shave I am more concerned about performance than scent. For me, scent is for aftershaves and colognes. And Haslinger is unmatched for performance!

When I shave I am more concerned about performance than scent. For me, scent is for aftershaves and colognes. And Haslinger is unmatched for performance!
+1
Good timing, just ordered some of the Schafmilch and after reading these raves I'm really looking forward to trying it soon!

Top Bottom