What's new

Filarmonica

Who was shaved by the Filarmonica (primarily interested in 14 Sub Cero and 14 Novodur) C what can be compared? And on how many comfortably (in my understanding of softly) shaves?
I have Eliott's, Butcher's different, Wostenholm, Kikuokan, kamisori Japanese, C.V. heljestrand . Coming soon Le Grelot and Kikuboshi...

I have a 14 Double Temple (JMP). A very thin blade that takes a very keen edge. That said, I get a very smooth comfortable shave every time. Different from my W&B's and Wostenholms, but every but as enjoyable and functional.

I'm used to honing and shaving with 6/8 and 13/16 blades. My 14 feels huge compared to them, so it's a fun change of pace to hone, strop, and shave with, but it's no problem maneuvering it into all the nooks and crannies of my facial and neck topography.

I've found that I prefer it with a natural finisher. Coming off 0.1 micron CBN, it felt just a bit harsh, but off a natural stone, it feels very smooth, and it just wipes the whiskers away. Perhaps the weight of that big spine and blade have something to do with that?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve never used one with a synth edge, but a Filly 14 with a jnat edge is sublime. A velvet squeegee.

Top Bottom