What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2024 Edition

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Fixed Four:

A somewhat paranoid shave for me today. I'm currently wearing one of those 72 hour heart monitor thingies, and so I was shaving far more carefully than normal. It's in a plastic pouch, but I was still rather apprehensive about water dripping or running down my front.

Al, I hope my concern for your health is unwarranted.

These blades usually give me 20 shaves, and at this 15th shave, the blade felt today like it has given me 3/4 of what it can. I thought before that maybe a more aggressive razor would extend the life of a blade, but I am starting to doubt that a little now. It's not spent, but the fade of the edge is noticeable.

The lather might have been a little less wet than usual though, due to trying to avoid drips and runs, but there didn't seem to be any significant lack of slickness on the skin. Maybe a clean and flip is in order. I'll see how the next shave goes first. If that next shave is after lunchtime on Saturday, I can lather with abandon, and maybe a wetter mix will perk up the performance again.

I was thinking about Clint Eastwood. I'm sure he shaves with a straight razor when wearing a heart monitor, but even he'd have to stick with his kit for the rest of the Fixed like the rest of us.

Can you make the monitor a raincoat out of a plastic bag?

Happy shaves,

Jim

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ SOTD March 28th 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞
FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2024

Hello friends

The first afternoon below 20°C of the year. I chose SV Manna di Sicilia as my soap for FFFMM 2024 and as it doesn't exactly have a summer scent, today's shave was in fact the first one suitable for it.

Greencult 2.0 plate II
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
SV Manna di Sicilia
Semogue SOC Mistura

To match the milder temperature, I finished with Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, an aftershave that I love.

Greencult 2.0 and GSB were stupendous, as always.

With us, Gene Ammons.

Rating: 10

Have a nice evening and great shaves!
❤️🪒

22C3AA52-F9E6-454E-B8EE-861ADB91FBD3.jpeg
IMG_6014.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Al, I hope my concern for your health is unwarranted.

Me too. I think it's a side effect of my neurofiasco, but the docs want to be sure nothing else is awry.

Can you make the monitor a raincoat out of a plastic bag?

No need Jim. It'll be removed in 36 hours anyway, and I can go back to shaving normally then. It's not uncommon for me to go 48 hours between shaves, so it's no hardship.

FFFMM 2024: Shave 15.
Date: March 29, 2024.
Razor: Rockwell Stainless in Red, base plate 6.
Blade: Voskhod, blade 15.
Pre-shave Wash: Hot water and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Shaving Cream: Laser Shaving Cream Lemon.
Brush: Bombay Shaving Company Synthetic.
Post Shave: Cold water splash and MiNature Alum Block.
Aftershave: Jovan Sex Appeal.

FFFMM ‘24 #20

A very relaxing, comfortable and satisfying shave on this Good Friday. Perhaps 2 more shaves to come if not 1 to finish this event out with a resounding success on a razor I was not in favor of. Shaving is a test at times of patience, resilience & adaptation. Not necessarily all of these simultaneously but, we will experience each of these in some way during our shave journey. That’s what makes this Fixed Four event a challenge. Adaptation and implementation from our learning experience to come out ahead. In short, a microcosm of what Life is and will always be.

To those that hold this day and weekend in reverence to The Almighty, many blessings to you & your loved ones. Great shaves to all….

662331CD-C340-4C9B-A320-EB080181DE26.jpeg

FFFMM 2024 Day 29, Shave 29:

Razor:
Gillette Slim Adjustable set on #2 and #5
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (5)
Soap: Williams Barbers' Bar Soap (58)
Brush: Semogue Excelsior 830

I spaced out this morning and forgot to switch the Slim to #5 on the 2nd pass. Switched on the 3rd pass instead. No matter. Another great shave!

Looking for to my penultimate FFFMM shave tomorrow! (Love to find an excuse to use that word!)

FFFMM 2024 Day 29, Shave 29:

Razor:
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (5)
Soap: Williams Barbers' Bar Soap (58)

I spaced out this morning and forgot to switch the Slim to #5 on the 2nd pass. Switched on the 3rd pass instead. No matter. Another great shave!

Looking for to my penultimate FFFMM shave tomorrow! (Love to find an excuse to use that word!)
Hi,

And, here we are. You get to use that word again! :)

Stan

FFFMM 2024 Day 30, Shave 30:

Razor:
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (6)
Soap: Williams Barbers' Bar Soap (59)

My penultimate FFFMM shave for this year! :001_smile

I was hoping to get through the month with this blade, but the blade had other ideas. Fortunately I have one more 7 O'Clock Green left.

FFFMM ‘24 #22

Got to the end in fine fashion. An excellent Sunday morning shave to seal the Fixed Four Event that brought a range of good to awesome shave results without any major issues or concerns. No small feat for me especially when I indulge in having a full rotation of dozens of razors in my possession as I’m a zealot of variety in my shaving regime. Nevertheless, the Fatip has proven to be a very good shaver if not great for me. It does have its nuances in particular with blade alignment or lack there of but, with a good eye & patience it’s a capable whisker reducer that can deliver daily shaves quite comfortably. The Bolzano as always for me have been excellent blades with decent longevity and work in a wide range of razors for me and have proven to be a razor that is well above average, for me at least. What can I say about Ethos shave soaps that haven’t been said already? It covers the basics with supreme performance while simultaneously providing the added benefit of naturally sourced ingredients that are extremely beneficial for one’s skin during & after each and every shave. I can count on one hand the soaps that have this elite level of performance and still have a finger or two left over to hold my cup of coffee. Yes, I swear by this artisan’s shave products that are second to none. I have been impressed by every DScosmetics product that I have acquired in the past year or so. In particular, the synthetic shave brushes have been excellent performers with a good mix of soft tips, some backbone with the slightest amount of “scritch” to give one the desired feedback on skin whether face lathering or just working the creamy suds in a bowl. This particular one does it exceptionally well and at an excellent value for the money.

I’d like to thank @Cal for always running this thread with certified class and steely eyed conviction. It’s one of the few events that I actually look forward to participating in even though I sometimes kick myself in the tokus as I have to put a restraint on myself. All well worth it. Thank you as well to all that participated with some excellent pic’s of their shave gear including those that couldn’t make it all the way through. Better luck next time.

A wonderful shave to all & Happy Easter as well…

D45A6301-ED78-48CE-A7BD-83EB862F256C.jpeg

Happy Easter

FFFMM Sunday March 31/2024

Blade - Single Use Feather
Razor - Lupo OC95 driven with a Chiseled Face Pineapple Twist Titanium Handle
Brush - Zenith Boar B35-31x57mm
Soap - SV-Franken - Three combined soaps Felce Aromatica, Tundra Artica, Cosmo

IMG_0494.jpeg

Fifth shave for FFFMM. A successful month. Bonding continues with the Lupo. I was able to return to one pass face and head shaves. Weekly shaves are closer with improved skin comfort. I’m a strong proponent of efficient razors and sharpest blades. A combination ensuring a soft touch with minimal skin contact. My Shave Kit is locked, using this Fixed Four. There are advantages with minimalism. The shave journey continues in maintaining comfortable healthy sensitive skin.

IMG_0459.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

IMG_0462.jpeg

Happy Easter & Happy Shaves

Even though I fell a few shaves short for the month with my soap selection I stll had a couple Stirling choices to use to get me through them and a big thanks to @Cal for making this month very enjoyable!! Again, congrats to those that finished the month intact...

I still had 16 very long lasting BBS shaves with Stirling soaps this month!!
SOTDTIBBS8.jpg

Ti Blackbird / Perma-Sharp / Sandpiper / C&H STF XL / Proraso Green

Top Bottom