FFFMM Shave 14

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Vintage 1980's Fatip
Blade: Polsilver (9)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
046_45.jpg

Been busy but still going strong. I've switched up to a two pass wtg-xtg shave and then a three pass every which way shave. Today was a two pass and it was fun. It was definitely a dfs with all the bells on!

Last edited:
Out
09199A65-3E2B-4DFF-8CDD-525131E8AB4D.jpeg

I could not resist any longer. I had to try my IKon Tech

I did however keep everything else the same. So glad I did. This Tech is a beast. Incredibly efficient and unforgiving. I have deep neck creases and a few bumps on my face. No idea what they are. Anyhow. The Tech annihilated 3 days growth no irritation. Only it shaves off any thing that is above the surface. So I had 2 on my face and 1 on my neck at a crease.

This thing kills my whiskers. Even though I am out. I think I will finish the month with this razor. I will need to change my technique to avoid slicing off bumps.

This truly is a no pressure razor. Happy I have straight razor experience, to understand true no pressure shaving.

This is as good a shave as I have had with a DE. The R41 is a pussycat.

Good luck to those left.

I am an impatient man. I could not resist the temptation. For once I am glad I did not resist. Resistance is futile.

Tom

Still going strong here. Really enjoying my daily dose of menthol via Proraso Green, but I think I'm overdoing the loading a bit - I'm making quite a dent in the middle of my current jar!

Sorry to see you leave so early Tom. :crying:

Enjoy your iKon Tech. :biggrin1: :devil:
View attachment 1076262
Thanks Cal. It has been staring at me for over a week now. I know for next time not to purchase any new razors before the challenge.

I did however take away a very good lesson I learned. I can get a great shave using 4 passes. With my modified technique. Basically passes 2 and 3 opposite direction ATG. PASS 4 ATG. This really gets my crazy neck pattern close.

Tom

Thanks Cal. It has been staring at me for over a week now. I know for next time not to purchase any new razors before the challenge.
:laugh: I know exactly how you feel. My long awaited Fatip OC Slant arrived on the 12th!
Lo-Storto-3_2020-03-12_450.jpg

I'm being strong! And good... :a2:
I did however take away a very good lesson I learned. I can get a great shave using 4 passes. With my modified technique. Basically passes 2 and 3 opposite direction ATG. PASS 4 ATG. This really gets my crazy neck pattern close.
:001_cool:

:laugh: I know exactly how you feel. My long awaited Fatip OC Slant arrived on the 12th!

I'm being strong! And good... :a2:
You poor slob. Your Green Lantern ring is in the mail.

Shave 11:
Excellent shave. So good, in fact, I was surprised to see a little irritation in the usual spots. I think it could have been better if I didn't have a headache, so I don't feel like I was as slow and methodical as I probably should have been. For my lather I wrung my brush out but good, then built a very light lighter on my brush using less soap than usual, and applied that to my wet neck (I'm bearded, so shaving is relegated almost entirely to my neck these days) and continued to build lather with that pre-existing moisture. It seemed to work well, building up a decent lather that didn't end up thin and runny. Also made me realize I've probably been using too much soap, especially for the smaller shaveable real estate, so hopefully I can continue to use less in the future and allow my tub of soap to last longer. Smooth shave with no nicks and minimal irritation. Maybe I'm finally starting to understand the milksteak base of the soap. It only took me three weeks. :facep:

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Stirling Synthetic 2-band
Soap: Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents

For any Piccolo users out there, do you have any preferred blade types that you feel are a particularly good fit? I'm itching to try some different ones in April, just to compare to the Astra, and was wondering if there are any that pair particularly well. Thanks in advance.

I'm starting to wonder if I should attempt more than three myself to see if that will get those last few stragglers that always seem to elude me.

Shave 18 with this fantastic lineup!

Prep: Hot shower, Musgo Real Lime Glyce Soap, Cella Pre Shave Gel
Razor: Rex Supply Envoy
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Parker Long Loft Badger
Post-shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
Aftershave: Proraso Red

I'm really reaching shavevana with this lineup. Four passes, WTG, XTGx2, ATG. BBS and no irritation. I have three and possibly 4 razors waiting for their first use, but the Envoy is doing such an incredible job that these new razors will have to reach a high bar, or they're probably going to BTS. I really stacked the deck in my favor with this lineup, as blade, brush, and soap are long-time favorites, but the razor was the wild card. It's come up an Ace, I must say. The month has, with just a couple of exceptions due to mood, been a real pleasure!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

View attachment 1075466

17-MAR-2020 SOTN
F3M2 shave #10

View attachment 1075468

PRE ........ Hot Water
BRUSH ...... Omega EVO Marble Ovale (E1855)
SOAP ....... Wholly Kaw Rebelle (Siero Tallow)
RAZOR ...... Supply V2 with 3 Dot Plate, Schick Proline B-20 (5)
SKIN CARE .. Wholly Kaw Lav Sublime AS
FRAGRANCE .. L'Occitane CADE EDT

Tonight was a pleasant DFS shave. I liked that I am shaving a bit faster now, and yet this is my third shave in a row without even a speck of blood. No doubt fixing the kit enables this. OTOH this shave was not completely free of irritation (hence the Wholly Kaw AS), but it was almost free, and it was fun.

Do you have link to purchase that soap please? Had a quick look but couldn't find it anywhere. I love the container.

Day #20

FIXED FOUR FOR MARCH MADNESS
Razor:
Viking Captain
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Astra SP (3rd shave on 4th blade)
Soap:
Van der Hagen (using rain water)
Prep:
Results:
Liquid Anti-Bacterial face and hand soap.
Rating 9.5 / A BBS shave with on tiny nick. Old dog pawing scratch scab.

Top Bottom