What's new

FFFMM (Fixed Four For March Madness) 2020 Edition

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I know I am late to the party, I started my Fixed Four on the 23rd. I was trying new methods of shaving. I had some new razors to try. I had some new blades to try. I had an SE I wanted to try. And new AC blades I wanted to try. I had new soap I wanted to try.

I could go on, or I could see if I can hold out until the 23rd of next month with this kit.

Razor: GC84-P
Blade: Super-Max BD(?)
Brush: Omega 618 Silver Tip Badger
Soap: MdC Agrumes

I'm at 8 shaves and looking good so far..........

20200331_195720[1].jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I know I am late to the party, I started my Fixed Four on the 23rd. I was trying new methods of shaving. I had some new razors to try. I had some new blades to try. I had an SE I wanted to try. And new AC blades I wanted to try. I had new soap I wanted to try.

I could go on, or I could see if I can hold out until the 23rd of next month with this kit.

Razor: GC84-P
Blade: Super-Max BD(?)
Brush: Omega 618 Silver Tip Badger
Soap: MdC Agrumes

I'm at 8 shaves and looking good so far..........

View attachment 1081220
Try holding on with this kit. That would be crazy given all the other stuff you have to try. :letterk1:

After a month of having everything decided for me, I'm a little paralyzed by choice today. I want to try either a different razor or different blade, but I don't want to switch up both. Do I use a new razor with an Astra SP or do I try the Piccolo with a different blade? Truly, this is Sophie's Choice.

I found my Mk1 to have a softer blade feel over my Piccolo SE, I can easily use it everyday. Tell us how you like it!
It went really well, except I can't be on autopilot like I can with the Mk2, at least not yet. With the extra blade exposure you have to be a little more careful going around sharp corners. I got a couple of weepers where I went too close. I found steep angle shaving to be the easiest. Going against the grain, the blade did not feel as well controlled as with the Mk2. Cella is a good match with the Mk1.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
It went really well, except I can't be on autopilot like I can with the Mk2, at least not yet. With the extra blade exposure you have to be a little more careful going around sharp corners. I got a couple of weepers where I went too close. I found steep angle shaving to be the easiest. Going against the grain, the blade did not feel as well controlled as with the Mk2. Cella is a good match with the Mk1.
The Mk2 really shines against the grade. The added blade exposure of the Mk1 means it's less rigid.

Hi,

Nope. Not all out. Not yet, anyway. I'm still in with the same four until the 16th of April. Doing the final stretch of the learning curve for the ATT S2. ;)

Stan

Switched my blade to an Astra SP and it was glorious. It was the only change I made and the vampire left. I am going to give it a few days growth to see if the astra can handle it as well as the 7oclock black. Glad to be experimenting again. But still glad I took part in fffmm.

Reactions: Cal
Hi,

Nope. Not all out. Not yet, anyway. I'm still in with the same four until the 16th of April. Doing the final stretch of the learning curve for the ATT S2. ;)

Stan
So that is Fixed Four for March/April; FFfM/A! :cuppa:
I tend to do a fixed four for most months of the year, changing combinations on the 1st of the month as the whim takes me. Great for honing a combination.

I'm reviving this thread for June because it's a great idea and would be really useful for me right now. I've only been doing wet shaving for about a month but has been long enough for me to find a setup that works well for me.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Brush: VDH Boar
Cream: Proraso Blue
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm reviving this thread for June because it's a great idea and would be really useful for me right now. I've only been doing wet shaving for about a month but has been long enough for me to find a setup that works well for me.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Brush: VDH Boar
Cream: Proraso Blue
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Why not start a Fixed Four For June thread? Maybe others will join in. I've done the FFFM twice and a separate Fixed Four for November once. All three were very helpful to me. The Fixed is a great idea we can blame on Cal.

It's harder to do than it looks like it will be. You'll avoid a major error since you're planning to start with a kit you already know works well for you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom