What's new

Featherweight?

I've recently bought the black handle version along with a few other GEM and Ever Ready razors and at first I thought that it was something else like a GEM Push Button or something, but it's not.

13a43a4as4ss4.jpg

Looks like some nice Featherweights, I found out some information that might help folks who enjoy this razor, there are basically 2 different top cap variants + then you also have a British variant with the safety bar that is slightly different.

Was there ever more than one version of the ER version? I have a black handled ER and a white GEM.

I've seen pictures of a clear handled GEM Featherweight but not found any for sale.

Razor: GEM Featherweight V1 (1)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (1)
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Unscented With Beeswax
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Close and very smooth; Pleasant DFS++ shave. On target.😀

I was definitely amazed at how much additional pressure was needed to achieve the closeness I’m targeting.

This blade seemed dull so, it may not be a Personna GEM coated. Something else to sort out.

Excellent shave on a new to me razor. At least as good as the RazoRock Hawk V3 standard plate + Feather Pro blade.

Shave Log Summary 20220822

@BradWorld thanks, very good razor.

Cheers!!!

Razor: GEM Featherweight V1 (2)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (2)
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Unscented With Beeswax
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; Very close and very smooth; Pleasant DFS++ shave. On target.😀

Excellent shave on a new to me razor. Very similar results to the Blackland Sabre L1.

Shave log summary 20220909

Cheers!!!
@BradWorld thanks

I've recently bought the black handle version along with a few other GEM and Ever Ready razors and at first I thought that it was something else like a GEM Push Button or something, but it's not.

View attachment 1517533
Nice. Black handle. Never seen before. This was the first vintage razor I ever used. Regular cream colored handle.

Provided a good shave. Had to learn not use too much pressure. I had to use a very sharp blade.

When shaving I shave face and head. I used SS PTFE blade. I got 2 maybe 3 shave’s out of depending on how many days between shaves.

This razor thumbs up. Years later the only razor I use now is the 1924 ER shovel head with knurled long handle.

Top Bottom