What's new

Feather blades, love or hate?

Thanks, I'll try and think about that next time.
I actually used a Feather yesterday, with a very mild Blue Tip, strange feeling because it felt like there where no cutting at all, but it was really good results. No bleeding or cuts.
Yeah in milder razors, it feels like the blade is not cutting. I experience this when using my DE89. But it is indeed doing a great job. For me personally, Feather works perfectly in my 34C and with a wet lather. Do try it out and let me know how it went.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Feather DE half blades are my favourite in shavettes. Most other blade's don't come near my traditional straight razor edges.

Surprise this AM.

8th really BBS shave, zero nicks or scrapes, with a Feather in my pre-WW2 Tech. It’s my 1st Feather in a number of years.

When I say “really BBS,” I mean that I feel almost no stubble 24 hours later. The blade did start to lose its preternatural sharpness after the 4th shave, but it’s still plenty sharp. It’s been consistently very smooth.

Super-sharp blade in a mild razor may be the ticket for me.
First shave today with a Feather in my 1970 Tech. As with my pre-WW2 Tech, this blade is both sharp and smooth. The shave was extra-close with no mishaps. Plus, it took a few minutes less than usual.

After re-reading this thread, I made sure that my lather (Stirling Varen applied with a Best Simpsons Case) was fully hydrated. It DOES matter.

Since coming back to DE shaving I’ve only tried a few blades, including Feather. They compare to Nacet, usually a good shave, some blades last longer than others, lots of cuts on a new blade if I am sloppy. The blade is noticeably fuller after a few days. That said, I will not be buying more unless they stop selling them in plastic boxes. I moved away from cartridge shaving because I didn’t want to keep throwing away plastic.

BTW: I found out recently that many things that are marked as recyclable are only theoretically recyclable. Small things are thrown out at many facilities. The general rule is that nothing smaller than a credit card will be processed.

Top Bottom