What's new

Feather All-Stainless DE

Bought some razors and blades from him with no problem why do you call him names ?
Let me add he does now explain the price for the razor complete and the head separate. As well he says he has the stands as of today. This is just friendly advice but dealing with wonderful vendors like Phil at Bull Goose shaving or Bob at Bobs Razor Works is like dealing with a family friend. They are honest,polite and fair. Their service is amazing and the prices fair. There are many wonderful sites and in honesty I have bought from most of them . I have nothing but praise and admiration for them all. I was just venting my experience with this one vendor. 6 month b/o are ridiculous. I got my Feather in a week and a PILS in 2 days from That is how business should be done!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, the PILS is more expensive, weighing in at ~$300. But, the $150 price point is really nothing new -- the Merkur Vision has been around for probably a decade at that price and it certainly is not to the specs of this razor.

Nope, the PILS is more expensive, weighing in at ~$300. But, the $150 price point is really nothing new -- the Merkur Vision has been around for probably a decade at that price and it certainly is not to the specs of this razor.

It's not that expensive, Will. After a B&B discount, Royal Shave has it for around $200 and that includes free shipping. Tempting...

Last edited:
He never has answered an e-mail (i sent him at least 8),never explains on his site how the Razor head and the complete Razor are the same price,never has 99 % of his stated products available either now or in the future,he is always sold out, and generally is the worst business person I have ever experienced . (I am 67 years old and have had a career in optical retail and customer service) I do have one of his open comb razors i bought on E-Bay and his workmanship is fine. He is banned from B @ B for his business dealing not his workmanship. I have dealt with Aneurysm and Hairizon.com with wonderful experiences. Sorry to upset you with my description of his anatomy. Many people feel the same way. This is all 100% the truth . Harvey

There are a slew of other reasons he is banned as well (including not standing behind his products, when buyers discovered major flaws), but it's well documented on the board, and easily accessible via the search feature.

and generally is the worst business person I have ever experienced

That's putting it mildly. Far more harsh terms have been used in the past to describe him. :lol::lol:

Back to the topic,

What blades is everyone finding success with in this razor? I started out with the Feather blades it came with. First couple of shaves were great with them and then they started to nick my face (as feather blades always do).

Just tried a yellow 7 o'clock and while the shave was smooth it really dials the aggression of the shave right down, whereas this blade is spot-on with my R89.

I think maybe the sharper green Russian 7 o'clock might be the way to go with this razor in future, but I don't have any immediately to hand.

Does anyone have any thoughts on blades? I don't want to be stuck using feathers with it as they're expensive and really don't work for me,

So far I tried it and liked it with the following blades: Feather, Iridium, Astra SP. Next shaves will be with Kai, Shark SC and then the yellow 7 o'clock which hasn't really worked for me in other razors, but maybe it will work in this one.

Back to the topic,

What blades is everyone finding success with in this razor? I started out with the Feather blades it came with. First couple of shaves were great with them and then they started to nick my face (as feather blades always do).

Just tried a yellow 7 o'clock and while the shave was smooth it really dials the aggression of the shave right down, whereas this blade is spot-on with my R89.

I think maybe the sharper green Russian 7 o'clock might be the way to go with this razor in future, but I don't have any immediately to hand.

Does anyone have any thoughts on blades? I don't want to be stuck using feathers with it as they're expensive and really don't work for me,

My experience with using Feather blades in the razor is a little different - I find the shave to be quite mild, and not as close as I'd like.

My "go-to" razor for the past year or so has been the Cobra Classic, and, with that razor, the 5 o'clock shadow just doesn't happen for me. Now, with the Feather / Feather combination, I'm feeling stubble by early afternoon.

Has anyone else had this experience, or, perhaps, do I have a Feather Stainless varies from the norm ?

Perhaps it is designed to perform best with Feather blade. I recon that a razor with Feather blade should be a bit less aggressive. Contrary, as I would never put a feather blade in slant, or maybe even open comb. I myself came to conclusion that I will use Feathers only in my Shavette (there goes just a half of blade) and in Merkur Progress, which I find moderately mild, and the best combo with this blade.

I found the Feather S.S. to be too mild with any blade.
I think the idea is you shave 2 or 3 times a day to both use more blades and experience the Feather Feeling...this is a Primal activity and we must fulfill our destiny !!!!! Next big thing coming out is the Merkur Machete...12 inch blade and gas powered !!!!! News Flash..not to be undone Feather releases 2011 Feather SAMURAI with a 18 inch blade and an unique Laser cutting edge . This is becoming serious i,m afraid.beware....

Last edited:
I am a little late in on the discussion but I just wanted to add that the packaging of the Feather reminds me of the packaging of the Nakaya Fountain Pen from Japan. Very ornate wooden box. Have to say that the Japanese know how to package their high end items.

Just received via BST (thanks Steve!)

Two shaves down and I don't quite have this thing figured out yet. These two shaves were with a Feather blade, figuring I should try the blade this thing was surely designed for.

As many say, it IS a non aggressive razor. Maybe too much so? I did my usual 4 pass and there was significant cleanup left to do. All total it was closer to 5 passes when all was said and done. Even then, my face wasn't slick smooth like my Aristocrat leaves it.

I am trying to keep the angle a bit steeper, as I've read on a couple threads here, but even that....

One thing I've noticed is there doesn't seem to be much it any feedback from this razor. With my others, I can tell I am getting close to the right stroke by the sound. I don't hear anything from this Feather. It may be TOO solid and TOO well built :)

But here's the strange thing. Even though my face isn't slick smooth after the shave, 12 - 15 hours later, when I would usually have significant new growth, I feel much less. Isn't that strange? I mean why would there be less growth when (my perception) I'm starting with more. This has me too confused for words ;-)

Anyway, I'm gonna keep working through this. Only time will tell if this thing takes on a main role or is relegated to the occasional shave.

Regardless, it's a very high quality piece.

Cheers,

Ken

Sometimes the prettiest girl doesn't have the best personality!

My experience with the Feather Stainless razor was a little disappointing; but I sure enjoyed looking at the razor and packaging while I had it displayed on the shelf.

After a week or so of trying to love the Feather Stainless' performance, I put it on B/S/T and returned to my Cobra Classic.

One thing I've noticed is there doesn't seem to be much it any feedback from this razor. With my others, I can tell I am getting close to the right stroke by the sound. I don't hear anything from this Feather. It may be TOO solid and TOO well built :)

Another fine example of YMMV. To me the razor "sings", I can clearly hear it hard at work. Try it with other blades too, but from my experience this razor requires sharp blades such as Feather, Iridium, Kai. I get the best results when I use it with a Feather blade. Maybe you just hit a bad blade or you need to play with the angle a bit more. But if it doesn't work for you, I'm sure you will find a buyer for it quickly. Nothing wrong with moving on.

I did my usual 4 pass and there was significant cleanup left to do. All total it was closer to 5 passes when all was said and done. Even then, my face wasn't slick smooth like my Aristocrat leaves it.

Ken,

By any measurement, the Feather would certainly be considered mild. Along with finding your right angle, try using a little more pressure. I think the blade setup, guard bar design and slick finish seem to allow for this and I've very rarely nicked myself. Works for me using a variety of blades (Iridium, Feather, Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, Gillette Bleue Extra...).

Good luck and like Tim said, there's no shame in moving on if it doesn't work out for you!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I will try a couple different blades. One thing I tried today, which made a difference. No WTG passes. In four passes (due to odd hair growth) N-S and W-E are basically WTG and S-N and E-W are more ATG (with some XTG between "zones". Today I did two S-N and two E-W, figuring, with the razor being kinda mild, it might work better. It did. No cleanup after those.

Still a work in progress.

Thanks,

Ken

Top Bottom