What's new

Favourite razor

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would have to say a razor that I bought would be either a Merkur 34C or G followed by a Gold Ball End Tech.
Heirloom razors would be my fathers super speed or my grandfathers Tech.

Right now it’s my stainless Charcoal Goods Level 2.

I also enjoy Karve D/E plate, Game Changer .84, Mamba .70, Timeless .68 OC, .95SB & .38SB, Ikon 102.

If the house was on fire, I’d grab the Charcoal Goods.

My favorite is the Feather AS-D2, but I hate taking pictures of it given the redundant branding on its head.

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I don’t have a favorite razor. I shave with a DE or a 2 blade razor. What ever is around.

Right now it’s my stainless Charcoal Goods Level 2.

I also enjoy Karve D/E plate, Game Changer .84, Mamba .70, Timeless .68 OC, .95SB & .38SB, Ikon 102.

If the house was on fire, I’d grab the Charcoal Goods.
What is it about the Charcoal that you prefer to the Karve? I am considering both and e-mailed Charcoal to see about getting on a waitlist. They said they no longer used a waitlist. I think the Charcoal razors look more elegant, but the Karve is actually available and has a fairly cool industrial look to it.

NEW SC

zz.JPG

It was cheap, it's not particularly good steel (WW1) but it's a bit special - made in Ern, to be imported to America, for sale to the Chinese community of New York - It says "Gong (鑼, as in the musical instrument) brand shaving knife (razor blade) steel mouth (steel edge) of extreme sharpness"
stone final 5.png

What is it about the Charcoal that you prefer to the Karve? I am considering both and e-mailed Charcoal to see about getting on a waitlist. They said they no longer used a waitlist. I think the Charcoal razors look more elegant, but the Karve is actually available and has a fairly cool industrial look to it.

I'll let you know . . . I am getting my Charcoal Goods Razor tomorrow at the latest.

That is the Karve, correct? How do you like it? What others have you compared it to?
I like the Karve a lot. I have the C through F plates. The D plate is my sweet spot. It offers nice balance and grip and a great looking handle. I'm not sure that I like it any more or less than the CG level 2; they are both nice razors. I think for the money though, it is difficult to top the Karve.

Top Bottom