What's new

Favourite razor

Toss-up right now between my 7/8" W&B Frameback and my 6/8" Frederick Reynolds near wedge.
IMG_20190420_102131_edited.jpeg IMG_20190414_100531.jpg

(Edwin Jagger DE89, knurled handle with an Astra SP was my favorite DE before I switched to straights about a year ago.)

Jeeze, whichever one I'm using that day. Some for their shave, some for their feel in the hand, and some for their aesthetics. I guess lately in no particular order
Paradigm SE
Polished Timeless Ti .95
Wolfman WR1 SS
Polished Karve D plate
Timeless Bronze SB
Subject to change without notice.
Do you think the Wolfman is worth the price (about $600 if you can buy direct from manufacturer) over the Krave?

I had to put new scales on her, so she became my daily driver for a while. I have the same blade with ivory scales, and one in tortoise, which are way prettier... but I use this one. My first straight, a DOVO best of all things, is a close second lol!
60297DD7-0E34-465C-A1FA-A9487134E03C.jpeg

Do you think the Wolfman is worth the price (about $600 if you can buy direct from manufacturer) over the Krave?
No. The Wolfman is an excellent razor but the value is in the flawless finishing and the scarcity. The same quality shave can be had for far less. Timeless, Karve, Blackbird and Paradigm all provide comparable shaves for less and display excellent craftsmanship in their own right.

Usually it's the most recent one that I bought.
Currently, I'm still in the honeymoon stage with a QShave Futur clone.

Of the 16 razors I've owned for a while, in no particular order:
  • Gillette Slim Adjustable
  • British Aristocrat Junior
  • '46 Aristocrat - recently restored(ish)
  • Single Ring Old

My Shake Sharp v1.0 . Every time I get excited about another DE razor it eventually gets matched up with the Shake Sharp and the result is always the same. Not really close either.
IMG_20190505_092226-01-01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

In my journey thus far, the Blue Tip is what I have reached for more than the others.

I've got an old Gillette Red Tip with its case. Its in excellent shape, but I have never used it. I have had a few of them and don't like how thick the head is on them. I gave away the others, but still have this one just because its in such excellent shape. I have not come across a blue tip. I much prefer the thinner head on my three piece Gillette Open Comb Ball Handle

My go to razor is my Fatboy, perhaps that makes it my favourite. I do have a 6S on the way and I am considering a Karve as well. Time will tell if I ever have a "favourite". I do have razors that aren't going to be a favourite.

We're you able to the Wolfman direct from the website or did you find used?

It was used. It has nice width and weight - 63g - because it's hollow. I wish more top-end razors had hollow handles so they were not so darned heavy. 130g is typical, and for me that's simply too much.

Top Bottom