What's new

Favourite razor

Don't even want to talk about that.
I hear you, thanks for the info on the slants. Maybe IllI get a chance to try one some day. I often see old GEM slants at antique shops, but stayed away from them because I thought there was not much if a selection of blades for them. Also didn't know if those blades are universal like DE blades

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I hear you, thanks for the info on the slants. Maybe IllI get a chance to try one some day. I often see old GEM slants at antique shops, but stayed away from them because I thought there was not much if a selection of blades for them. Also didn't know if those blades are universal like DE blades
Don't know a lot about vintage SE razors.

I have a turn of the century thistle cutlery straight that provides amazing shaves, but my Timeless TI sb scallop gets the most use

GEM Slant razors??

Today.
Rex.jpg

I think so, maybe I am wrong? What we're the old slant razors they used to give the American soldiers?

Not sure but to the best of my knowledge Gem only made single edge razors, Not slants. @Ron R would know more though.
Here is an ad for an Eveready Soldier razor set they are a cousin of Gem and I may have given Gems to soldiers also.

e95e523a38e139762ad55c51a55e0012.jpg

That shows what I know, I thought slants were single edge. Are you sayingsthat not all single edge razors are slants? What are the differences between them?

Cool ad by the way

Top Bottom