What's new

Favourite grocery store coffee brands?

Thought for sure I was going to have store brought

2 roast down, one to go and it is just starting to get dark

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I walk to Gordon Food Services to buy a few things.

While there I drink a cup of their coffee.

It's free.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
When I'm close enough to my hometown to get Seaport coffee, that's often what I'll do. Otherwise, Community tends to be my go-to (picking up whatever blend suits my fancy at the time). I was at a coffe klatch on Saturday, though, and he was brewing the Café Olé "espresso" blend, an H.E.B. store brand (a Texas regional chain supermarket). It was good! I'll probably pick some up soon.

Peet's Major Dickason's Blend is a fine dark roast. Is it on par with an artisan fresh roast? No, but it's about as good as I've found commercially.

A few years ago, we could get Kirkland Guatemalan coffee that was absolutely excellent for the price. Unfortunately with the advent of those numerous machines that take little pre-made coffee cups, the selection of whole bean coffee has been cut by at least 50%.

McDonald's is surprisingly good.

New current grocery store favorite is Lavazza.

Vergnano 1882 Gran Aroma. Italian coffee, strong and delicious. :001_wub:

I had a bad experience with Vergnano! I think I bought a stale bag of their higher end line... Maybe I'll give it another shot.

For me in Montreal, it's mostly Fantini Gold or Kimbo Crema

I enjoy Café Bustelo in the yellow can.
This is also my go to brew, always from a moka pot.
cafe-bustelo.jpg

H-E-B store brand coffee - I'm not from TX but my girlfriend is, so whenever we go we stock up. Occasionally HEB will offer free shipping on their mail service so we'll stock up (with some other TX must haves - Julio's tortilla chips, I'm looking at YOU!).

When we don't have H-E-B in the house, I typically go for the San Francisco blend made by New England Coffee Roasters. For an 11 oz bag at $3.78 you can't go wrong.

Cameron's brand is great. We enjoy the Sumatra, Jamaica and the Hawaii Kona

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HEB half Caff Mon-Friday and Community Breakfast or Hotel blend on the weekends. When I really want a Caffeine boost I brew a pot of French Market Coffee.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am forever looking for a really good light roast which is not a fortune. Good luck in finding one, I say to myself.

Shaving is a lot easier than finding the perfect coffee.

HEB half Caff Mon-Friday and Community Breakfast or Hotel blend on the weekends. When I really want a Caffeine boost I brew a pot of French Market Coffee.

What are these two Community Coffees like? How dark are they?

I grew up in New Orleans. Signs there say "Community Coffee is Good Coffee." True that.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom