What's new

Favourite grocery store coffee brands?

I was in the local Shoprite Supermarket the other day and was looking to buy some coffee. They used to have a grinder so you could fill up a bag with freshly ground coffee. That was not there and instead the only coffee they had was pre-packaged already ground coffee. NO WHOLE BEAN COFFEE. I just don't understand that.

I was in the local Shoprite Supermarket the other day and was looking to buy some coffee. They used to have a grinder so you could fill up a bag with freshly ground coffee. That was not there and instead the only coffee they had was pre-packaged already ground coffee. NO WHOLE BEAN COFFEE. I just don't understand that.

I read an article a few months ago that single serve pods made up 1 in 6 cups of coffee that are consumed in the US.

When you think of all the "here you go" cups that go across counters, through drive through windows, and into cup refills in food establishments, the amount of ground/bean coffee sold in stores, may be less than the sale of k-cups.

K-cups account for more money spent on coffee than loose coffee.

Dredged up this article Topic: Single-serve Coffee Market

I enjoy Café Bustelo in the yellow can.
For years I never bothered with a coffee maker I just bought instant coffee, a container of that would last a month. One day A friend gave me one of her extra Keurig machines. Along with it came the Chrome rack that you put the little coffee cups into. I looked at the store and noticed that the prices were beyond what I was willing to pay for coffee. However the Cafe Bustelo pre ground, espresso ground actually a whole can of it was $3.19. The Keurig has an option to use a small cup filter of its own, a healthy tsp of Cafe Bustelo is fantastic and terribly inexpensive. Not only that but I love the flavor and the ability to control the strength.
I buy it in the vacuum sealed bag and just refill the can over and over .
20171107_132241.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I believe that you should drink what you like and how you like it.
Glad you have discovered something that fits you

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Stuck in hotels for two weeks. Sprouts has some Don Francisco Kona blend in K-Cups. Almost as good as fresh grinding their whole beans.

martym

This morning was Community Coffee Hotel Blend in the Mr Coffee.
Mighty good stuff

I suppose I would say Peet's, but I have a hard time thinking of it as grocery store coffee. I remember going to the original location on Walnut Street in Berkeley back when I was a student at UC in the early seventies and the place was called Peet's Coffee, Tea & Spices. I'm drinking a cup of their French Roast right now (whole beans from the grocery store ground at home), and I think that it's just as good now as it was back then.

Recently I have been drinking Kicking Horse coffee. They have several different kinds. I enjoy their dark roast. You can buy it ground or whole beans. I grind my beans and the aroma is heavenly.

I'd say peets. Was impressed with it. Not sure it's a store brand. Ive purchased whole foods store roasted beans. Seems OK nothing amazing. I tried trader joes kona and that was good.
+1 to peets, my brother introduced me to it years ago by mail order and then my grocery store picked it up. I also really like the McAfe brand by McDonalds for a standard breakfast style roast.

....... I also really like the McAfe brand by McDonalds for a standard breakfast style roast....

Do they still let you bring in a thermos and fill it for the same price as a large coffee?

I remember doing this year's ago when we traveled. It got us into Micky-D's on a daily basis (just for coffee to go)

Do they still let you bring in a thermos and fill it for the same price as a large coffee?

I remember doing this year's ago when we traveled. It got us into Micky-D's on a daily basis (just for coffee to go)

don't know, I've just been buying the roast in the grocery store aisle.

martym

The local one charged me for 2 the other day and my thermos was only 16oz.
Their sign said Any size coffee $1
Guess not!!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Community Coffee Hotel Blend

Community Coffee is Good Coffee.

Growing up in New Orleans there were billboards saying just that. They were correct.

8 O'Clock is good, too. At Costco I buy a Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend.

Grinding coffee beans at home right before brewing makes any coffee a better coffee.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
+1 to peets, my brother introduced me to it years ago by mail order and then my grocery store picked it up. I also really like the McAfe brand by McDonalds for a standard breakfast style roast.
Peets is now at our whole foods. Although its probably $2 more a pound there. I didn't check.

Top Bottom