What's new

Favorite rose dominant soaps

Some great responses above that I concur with.
My favourite rose soaps in the den, some of which are sadly discontinued, are:
  • Klar Kabinett
  • Czech and Speake No 88 (tallow)
  • APR Fougère Bourbon Rose
  • Eufros Rosa Bourbon
  • Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
If I had to pick one, it has to be APR Fougère Bourbon Rose - the purity of the rose note is magnificent.

I’m surporised nobody mentioned Noble Otter Two Kings. It is an excellent rose scented soap.

I think it is going to be discontinue, but it is still available for $20 on NO’s website.

Two Kings focus is on two powerful notes in the world of perfumery, Rose and Oud. With the Rose we have the powerful floral elegance. The known aroma around the world. It gives the feeling of lust, elegance and grandeur. In Oud we have darkness, mystery and power. Two Kings is a powerfully dark floral encapsulated with incense and spice. A perfect blend for a night out.

Notes:

• Top Notes: Black Currant, Citrus
  • Heart Notes: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Carnation
  • Base Notes: Incense, Oud, Sandalwood, Oakmoss

I’m surporised nobody mentioned Noble Otter Two Kings. It is an excellent rose scented soap.

I think it is going to be discontinue, but it is still available for $20 on NO’s website.

Two Kings focus is on two powerful notes in the world of perfumery, Rose and Oud. With the Rose we have the powerful floral elegance. The known aroma around the world. It gives the feeling of lust, elegance and grandeur. In Oud we have darkness, mystery and power. Two Kings is a powerfully dark floral encapsulated with incense and spice. A perfect blend for a night out.

Notes:

• Top Notes: Black Currant, Citrus
  • Heart Notes: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Carnation
  • Base Notes: Incense, Oud, Sandalwood, Oakmoss
I don't agree. I have 3 sample containers with 2 King I got from Maggards mainly for the containers. I smell it and I do not like it at all. All the rose soaps I have now I love. Noble Otter 2 Kings is a hard pass for me. Smelling the sample of Noble Otter RAWR is the same. Ughhhh. Almost as bad as AXE body wash in terms of that fake sickening scent.

Last edited:
Some great responses above that I concur with.
My favourite rose soaps in the den, some of which are sadly discontinued, are:
  • Klar Kabinett
  • Czech and Speake No 88 (tallow)
  • APR Fougère Bourbon Rose
  • Eufros Rosa Bourbon
  • Los Jabones de Joserra Black Rose
If I had to pick one, it has to be APR Fougère Bourbon Rose - the purity of the rose note is magnificent.
Just read this review and it sounds ok but nothing great especially for the price and I haven't looked it up but the review is from 2017 so not sure they still even make it and it was $27 back then which is competing with something like WhollyKaw or Declaration Goods Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli.

I don't agree. I have 3 sample containers with 2 King I got from Maggards mainly for the containers. I smell it and I do not like it at all. All the rose soaps I have now I love it. Noble Otter 2 Kings is a hard pass.
Don’t agree with what?

Cool with me if you don’t like it in any case. To each their own.

Don’t agree with what?

Cool with me if you don’t like it in any case. To each their own.
I don't agree that it smells like rose at all. I can smell the MCD and it's rose. Twisted Rose by Sudsy Soapery, it's Rose. Rosa by ETHOS pure rose, Tokyo Rose by PAA is rose. B&M Figarose, Amber Rose, Wild Rose Country all smell like rose. King of Oud is somewhat rose like but kind of overshadowed. I'd rather smell Arko than Two Kings to be honest.

I don't agree that it smells like rose at all. I can smell the MCD and it's rose. Twisted Rose by Sudsy Soapery, it's Rose. Rosa by ETHOS pure rose, Tokyo Rose by PAA is rose. B&M Figarose, Amber Rose, Wild Rose Country all smell like rose. King of Oud is somewhat rose like but kind of overshadowed. I'd rather smell Arko than Two Kings to be honest.

I don't get any rose from the King of Oud sample I have. I get a tiny bit of citrus brightness combined with a whole bunch of old man grandpa oud smell. It reminds me most of the tobacco and alcohol shop I occasionally visit. Ymmv.

Just read this review and it sounds ok but nothing great especially for the price and I haven't looked it up but the review is from 2017 so not sure they still even make it and it was $27 back then which is competing with something like WhollyKaw or Declaration Goods Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli.

Read the review. The Author enjoyed the soap, and in particular the scent. Main beef was price. Not so bad for me, as it was made in my home country. Hence, remains a firm favourite. YMMV.

I still have half a kilo of the discontinued Klar Kabinett. I find it's rose scent awesome, but it's lather wasn't as quite the revelation for me as all of the excellent reviews I have read over the years. I like to grate some of it up from the kilo block and mix it 50/50 with grated Arko. remarkably, it keeps it's wonderful rose scent while the rich lather and slickness is increased exponentially.
May try that mix with Trumpers. Great scent and l can make it lather but it evaporates as fast as l apply it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
May try that mix with Trumpers. Great scent and l can make it lather but it evaporates as fast as l apply it.

With Trumpers, maybe try only 25/75 mix at first instead of 50/50? You can always add more and increase the ratio of needed?

I bet it wouldn’t take much Arko to get that Trumpers lather where you wanted it and still keep the strong Trumpers scent.

My TOBS Rose came yesterday.
I will try it tonight, or maybe tomorrow morning, but the scent straight out oft the tub is really nice.
A bit spicy, and a beautiful rose scent.

An Australian soap from Sydney. Stuga is the brand name. Rosewood and Rose Geranium is the soap. Superb rose scent. Excellent lather. The maker allows you to choose normal, double or triple scent. I like a fulsome scent so always ask for triple. Many other scents available. I highly recommend it.

I tried my TOBS Rose yesterday.
Really nice scent, nice lather and nice slickness, and the post shave was outstanding.
A bit strange, when I smelled it right out of the tub it was a bit spicy and I expected this spicyness to evolve when lathered up.
But instead the rose scent became more evolved, smelling just beautiful.
The scent was not as persistent as I thought it would be.
This is one of my new favorites
IMG_1284.jpeg

I have enjoyed a couple of rose scented creations especially Chypre Rose Concerto by Wholly Kaw & Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli by Declaration Grooming & Chatillon Lux. The Rose scent is not dominant in both of the aforementioned soaps but, it is blended beautifully with Wholly Kaw’s soap being more of a green Chypre floral accord and D&G’s/Chatillon Lux collaboration being a bit more citrus and slightly earthy from the Patchouli. Both are magnificent and perform as good as they smell if not better.

However, this stuff that I just recently received and had my first shave with this evening is on another level. Just one accord and that is simply Rose. No florals of any other kind, citrus, woods, green or earthy notes. Zero. Simply majestic at that one note. The most authentic Rose scent in any product I have ever encountered. If you want Rose and nothing but Rose, this is it. It’s not cheap but, Good Lord is it good.

Ethos Rosa

496975D9-A65A-4638-AE1D-1F5ED3B8B53E.jpeg

1E0DF9BD-0539-4922-926F-010757A5B706.jpeg

ETHOS Rosa, Zingari No. 1, and Los Jabonnes de Joserra Black Rose. All are great scents and great performers. With any one of them - but especially the ETHOS and LJdJ - I could close my eyes, sniff the puck, and be standing in a rose garden. And for me, the ETHOS skin care products always perform beautifully, so much so that it seems only right to mention them too. -- The cherry on top, for lack of a better metaphor.

2023-06-15N sotd.jpeg

I don't get any rose from the King of Oud sample I have. I get a tiny bit of citrus brightness combined with a whole bunch of old man grandpa oud smell. It reminds me most of the tobacco and alcohol shop I occasionally visit. Ymmv.
I agree. The closest rose to King of Oud would be composted rose. I believe that the scent is just too strong. I left the container open in my bathroom overnight and the smell took over the entire room. It has a quality where the brush that is used to lather it smells very nice an hour after use. The smell of the puck is horrendous.

Two rose-like scents that I really like are A&E Amber Rose and West Coast Shaving Oriental. Pure rose scents that are quite good are Mystic Waters Yellow Rose (sweet rose) , CRS Wild Rose (light rose) , and LPL Rose de Pushkar (strong rose).

Top Bottom