What's new

Favorite rose dominant soaps

Yeah I meant to post this on here as I actually read from another thread here to check out their Ethos IG page, as they were almost ready to release their Rosa soap and entire line. It’s most likely to be costly from the sheer expense of the ingredients used. 2 different rose absolutes….

I tried Martin de Candre, Le Père Lucien, DR Harris, and GeoFTrumper rose creams.

The revelation was St James of London Geranium Lavender. To paraphrase the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups commercial “two great smells that smell great together”. Now I mix all my Rose creams with a Lavender, DR Harris Lavender is ok but Castle Forbes is much better.

Yeah I meant to post this on here as I actually read from another thread here to check out their Ethos IG page, as they were almost ready to release their Rosa soap and entire line. It’s most likely to be costly from the sheer expense of the ingredients used. 2 different rose absolutes….
I believe the F base will be around 55 dollars, probably 50 for the tallow cream. Frank didn't have final pricing, but I asked since I was there and it was in that range. I figured it would have been in the 60's because of the rose absolutes but it's not my call, I buy it, i don't make it...

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I bought some Cyril R Salter Wild rose cream recently and would say it is mainly rose scented. It kicks up a nice easy lather and lather qualities are excellent. I like the Cyril R Slater Sandalwood so thought I would try the wild rose. I wanted to buy some last year but they where sold out by 2 online venders I deal with so this year got the jump on it.
SOTD April 5 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

I tried Martin de Candre, Le Père Lucien, DR Harris, and GeoFTrumper rose creams.

The revelation was St James of London Geranium Lavender. To paraphrase the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups commercial “two great smells that smell great together”. Now I mix all my Rose creams with a Lavender, DR Harris Lavender is ok but Castle Forbes is much better.

I'll sometimes take a DR Harris Lavender shave stick, apply it to my face, then load my brush with some GFT or TOBS Rose cream and go at it for that awesome Rose and Lavender combined scent.

Mike's Rose, Patchouli, Cedarwood has a rose scent up front but the other scents do show up, the cedarwood least so to my nose. It smells of roses without seeming floral.
The Rose comes through least in my tub; coincidentally Limes is fairly weak to me as well unlike the Orange, Cedar, Black Pepper.

Ethos Rosa is a new release that is a pure, natural rose. It's pricey, though, because it consists of all natural ingredients, including rose absolute. 🌹 His soaps are fantastic. They produce very slick lather and a wonderful post shave. Prices are in Saponificio Varesino territory.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Have you tried the dusy professional kabinett soap? My barber says it comes pretty close to the klar kabinett.

I still have half a kilo of the discontinued Klar Kabinett. I find it's rose scent awesome, but it's lather wasn't as quite the revelation for me as all of the excellent reviews I have read over the years. I like to grate some of it up from the kilo block and mix it 50/50 with grated Arko. remarkably, it keeps it's wonderful rose scent while the rich lather and slickness is increased exponentially.

I have just placed an order for TOBS Rose, and this will be my first rose scented soap.

I am also curious about TFS Rosehip and TFS Roses Dracaris, anyone here who has tried them?

I have just placed an order for TOBS Rose, and this will be my first rose scented soap.

I am also curious about TFS Rosehip and TFS Roses Dracaris, anyone here who has tried them?
I just ordered both from Pasteurs in 2 separate orders. I missed the Roses Dracaris on my first order and for $9.99 I couldn't pass it up.

Bought a few that were suggested here thanks everyone. I know I must have read it in one of the threads here regarding rose soaps, but for the love of me I can't find it again. Pretty sure it was a Murphy and Mcneil soap as I remember the graphics of the lid were the black and white monochrome theme they have and it was intertwined roses around the border. I scrolled all the way back to 2019 on their Instagram page and found nothing like I recall seeing. Anyone recall what I'm thinking of?

Kind of like that but roses intertwined within the lattice on the border. I've been rose crazy for a while but I know it was something I actually saw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom