What's new

Favorite Books from your childhood.

1693377508328.png

sorry if this has been mentioned. It's not a book, but Highlights magazine when I was a kid was all over Dr's and dentists' offices. I remember goofus and gallant. As an adult, I think back on the fond memories I had of that publication.

sorry if this has been mentioned. It's not a book, but Highlights magazine when I was a kid was all over Dr's and dentists' offices. I remember goofus and gallant. As an adult, I think back on the fond memories I had of that publication.
I was a fan of the hidden pictures too.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
As a child, my favorites included the various Pooh and related books by A.A.Milne. A tiny bit older I loved The Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling, The Magic Currant Bun by John Symonds, and Ferdinand the Bull by Munro Leaf. I devoured everything from the Children's Book of the Month Club.

I've mentioned Choose Your Own Adventure Books before but this one was a favorite of mine.

View attachment 1710355
The first Choose Your Own Adventure book I read was called Spy for George Washington. It got me hooked on the series. I read it because I was a big old history nerd even when I was learning to read. I didn't realize how the book was was structured. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that I could make decisions and they would affect the outcome of the story. 🙂

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
The first Choose Your Own Adventure book I read was called Spy for George Washington. It got me hooked on the series. I read it because I was a big old history nerd even when I was learning to read. I didn't realize how the book was was structured. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that I could make decisions and they would affect the outcome of the story. 🙂
I still have all of my CYOA books.

I loved this one as well. :)

cyoa005.jpeg

I still have all of my CYOA books.

I loved this one as well. :)

View attachment 1710566
I liked mystery books when I was a kid, but I never realized that CYOA had mystery books. Otherwise I would've been all over those, too!

The mystery books I read in elementary school were the Encyclopedia Brown and the Two Minute Mysteries series (both by Donald J. Sobol), The Three Investigators series, the Hardy Boys series, and the Sherlock Holmes series.

Top Bottom