What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Mine has arrived from gifts & care.

I am going to use it & put my testing of my Schick c type on hold for a little.

First shave today on a week or mores beard.

First this razor is very attractive & the plating is well done in my opinion looks even better then my Gillette #58.

Second the teeth of the combs aren't as robust/thick as I thought looking at pictures.

Third this razor doesn't feel anywhere near as "aggressive" as my Gillette Fatboy wide open or my NEW deluxe or new improved.
Not to say it isn't efficient because it is.

Fourth a very pleasant shave but I nearly always get a good shave when shaving off a bit of a beard so I need to test after 2 days growth to really make a judgement.
ATG this thing impressed but needs more testing. No irritation but a surprisingly amount of feedback from my alum block considering how smooth this felt.

Does changing the top cap make a difference on this since it fits the base plate both ways?
I found that changing the top cap by flipping it around makes the top cap to base plate gap more closer than the other side. This affects the blade alignment as well so I make sure to have it on the right way.. Kind of like the Merkur Progress except that there is no arrow.

Has anyone tried the Astra SP with the FOCS?

Today on my second shaving with the FOCS with a brand new Astra SP, i end up with a nice shaving but with a couple of wheepers, which is not normal for me.
On the first shave I have 48h of growth and now 36h.

Raven Koenes

My precious!

Today on my second shaving with the FOCS with a brand new Astra SP, i end up with a nice shaving but with a couple of wheepers, which is not normal for me.
No, I used an Astra SP last week in my Fatip Zebrano. I'm using an Astra SS in my Lo Storto now. I'm pretty sure and Astra SP should work fine in a Lo Storto. I'd chalk it up to the shave.

I've tried Astra SP with the FOCS for 4-5 shaves. It's pretty efficient and can bite on some areas. I just need to make sure I get a hydrated lather + riding the cap and it works fine.

No, I used an Astra SP last week in my Fatip Zebrano. I'm using an Astra SS in my Lo Storto now. I'm pretty sure and Astra SP should work fine in a Lo Storto. I'd chalk it up to the shave.
How about the Astra SS with the FOCS? I have some SS to try also.
I've tried Astra SP with the FOCS for 4-5 shaves. It's pretty efficient and can bite on some areas. I just need to make sure I get a hydrated lather + riding the cap and it works fine.
I will use it again on the next shaving, I'll try it with another soap/cream, this time I use the Proraso Red (cream).

Last edited:
I found that changing the top cap by flipping it around makes the top cap to base plate gap more closer than the other side. This affects the blade alignment as well so I make sure to have it on the right way.. Kind of like the Merkur Progress except that there is no arrow.

It seems pretty even in mine.

How do you tell which is that "right way".

Because one side has a noticeable gap while the other side doesn't. It also varies the blade alignment so I stick to the one that works better.

Are we talking a Gillette Fatboy on 1 Vs 9 type of difference or something more subtle because I find it hard to observe anything obvious. Wondering if yours or mine is an anomaly.

Interested in others findings to help tell which.

Are we talking a Gillette Fatboy on 1 Vs 9 type of difference or something more subtle because I find it hard to observe anything obvious. Wondering if yours or mine is an anomaly.

Interested in others findings to help tell which.
Not that much. Upon closely looking at it again, it's probably a 1 setting difference. Still, I see that one side is closely clamped from the topcap to base plate, while the other side is floating just a bit.

IMG_20200812_162149938.jpg
IMG_20200812_162105043.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Astra SS (4)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: VDH Scented Luxury
Aftershave: VDH Post Shave Balm
041_42.jpg

Today was another day where I said this is such a great shave! Everything is going right this week. I not only say this is due to my Lo Storto paired with an Astra SS, but the quality of the VDH products I have been using. I've been considering, is it causation or correlation? Then I realize I've hit on the perfect razor and blade combination before, but when other factors are thrown in the results are sometimes less than optimal. So my conclusion is that there is a correlation between everything I'm using causing the results I'm experiencing. If I threw a Voskhod into the mix everything would go to hell, because Voskhods are demon blades. Still, VDH is a brilliant compliment to everything else I'm using this week. Would I even be considering this if it wasn't seen as a low cost beginner soap found on local pharmacy shelves? Time to put that aside, and show my love and appreciation for VDH! You don't get to be around for about a hundred years if your product sucks.

Last edited:
Not that much. Upon closely looking at it again, it's probably a 1 setting difference. Still, I see that one side is closely clamped from the topcap to base plate, while the other side is floating just a bit.

View attachment 1138956 View attachment 1138955

It's the top photo the good way round & the bottom the bad way round in regards to the top cap?

I can notice a difference in that bottom photo when I zoom in (on my mobile).

I'm fairly certain I don't have that issue.

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Astra SS (4)
Brush: APShaveco uBrush Tuxedo
Soap: VDH Scented Luxury
Aftershave: VDH Post Shave Balm
View attachment 1139146
Today was another day where I said this is such a great shave! Everything is going right this week. I not only say this is due to my Lo Storto paired with an Astra SS, but the quality of the VDH products I have been using. I've been considering, is it causation or correlation? Then I realize I've hit on the perfect razor and blade combination before, but when other factors are thrown in the results are sometimes less than optimal. So my conclusion is that there is a correlation between everything I'm using causing the results I'm experiencing. If I threw a Voskhod into the mix everything would go to hell, because Voskhods are demon blades. Still, VDH is a brilliant compliment to everything else I'm using this week. Would I even be considering this if it wasn't seen as a low cost beginner soap found on local pharmacy shelves? Time to put that aside, and show my love and appreciation for VDH! You don't get to be around for about a hundred years if your product sucks.
+1 on the Astra SS and FOCS combo, it is like peanut butter and jelly for me. I have yet to find better.

It's the top photo the good way round & the bottom the bad way round in regards to the top cap?

I can notice a difference in that bottom photo when I zoom in (on my mobile).

I'm fairly certain I don't have that issue.
Yes. All I did was flip the base plate and the gap is noticeable, although very slight. It still gives me a good shave so I'm not complaining but just stating my findings.

I decided when I got the notification Tuesday that my G12 has shipped, I would not shave until it arrived.

It arrived this morning.

Another 2 days growth for the Gentile and it handled the task beautifully. The lather was so warm and luxurious, it was like a shave from heaven today. I have never taken an hour to shave but I did today.

A little jazz on the bathroom speakers, an excellent razor, warm wonderful lather; what a way to start my day.

All is right in my shaving world again. [emoji3059]

proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Thursday August 13
Ten minute hot shower
Lo Storto
Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Oumo Finest Two Band White Tip Knot 26mmx (68mm from glue plug bottom) First Use
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Osma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Hyaluranoic Acid
Bull Dog Skin Care Moisturizer
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

Another new brush. How many do I need? One. I want six or seven that regardless of hair are distinctly different from each other. They must satisfy my face and head lathering requirements. I have three boars three badger and one horse. The Oumo is like my 28mm two band but a smaller tighter version. A pillow soft brush a little stiffer backbone than the 28mm. A nice comfortable brush. I’ll do measurements after next shave.
Todays shave a very nice DFS+ face & head. I’m liking the Bic Chrome Platinum and I look forward to my third shave with it. Lo Storto continues to feel like a very efficient Grande. The Bic felt like a much sharper Voskhod and every bit as smooth. Basically this shave felt like an improved version of my Grande/Voskhod shave. I continue to enjoy my ATG Single Pass shave. Soap, brush, razor and blade harmoniously, smoothly, finished a comfortable shave. Exactly where I need to be. A great shave.

Attachments

• B0AD3A84-6A75-4B2E-A26D-4ADF290DCFE1.jpeg
    B0AD3A84-6A75-4B2E-A26D-4ADF290DCFE1.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 9
  • C92BAC8C-D9A9-4A3D-8717-099232F6167B.jpeg
    C92BAC8C-D9A9-4A3D-8717-099232F6167B.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 9
  • AB69A075-8F89-4B08-B010-533D9472124F.jpeg
    AB69A075-8F89-4B08-B010-533D9472124F.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom