What's new

*Fatip Slant*

SOTD - 10 JUL 2020

SOTD 07102020.jpg

Fatip Lo Storto OC Slant did a good job mowing down the 4-day growth. I felt more of the blade this time around but it might be my technique that needs improvement. Still had a fantastic shave with almost BBS result and no irritations. Good stuff.

Cold water shave this morning with the FOCS. A Permasharp super on its third use, Palmolive stick sliced into a Marvy rubber mug, an Omega jade boar that's breaking in quickly, and pairs very well with the soap in puck form. One WTG pass and a touch up greatly aided by the slick, protective Palmolive and I'm set for the day. Close comfortable shaves are easily obtainable using this utilitarian set up.

Last edited:
Used mine this morning having been using my Timeless .68 and GC .68 for a while. I suspect if I kept with the Fatip for a week or so I would probably get it to shave as well as the other two. It's a nice razor for sure.

4 days or growth, head and half face shave
Lo Sorto OC
Gillette Super Thin (Thai?) 1st
Proraso Red pre shave
Holly Kaw Fern
Sagrada familia
Two pass head, smooth and felt good some touch ups
Half face 2 pass and it was smooth (almost BBS) but I had done the other side w a Schick E2 (blade 5th use) and this side was still in need of ATG pass. So I did 3 passes both sides. At the end of 3, both were similar, but the Gillette side had some burning (did not need last pass).
Back of the neck: Bic Flex 2 cart (4) , now that did burn afterwards....(this was not good)
Alum block
Witch Rose (felt good)
Speick AS
Nivea AB
Aramis AB

Lo Sorto with Gillette Super Thin is great, 2 passes is all I need! one of the best.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don't have a Timeless. I'm also not planning to buy any more DE razors.

Fatip with 2 slanted heads..jpg

I have both, but all I need is the Open Comb Fatip Slant.

Well, maybe I'd buy the FOCS in nickel or a Joris-Plisson slant, but those don't count.

Still, I'm never one to discourage experiments with whatever you want to fool around with.

Happy shaves,

Jim

SOTD - 11 JUL 2020

SOTD 07112020.jpg

Tested out my FOCS for a 1-day of growth. It felt a bit rougher than yesterday's shave, probably due to the skin not fully recovering. Couple nicks but no irritations. It was an okay shave for me. I'm gonna test it out more and see if I can improve the shaves.

I can't see the shaves being that much smoother than the FOCS.:001_wub:

The Timeless is an outstanding razor. I think the FOCS is a very good razor. I'm finding the Timeless more efficient even with .68 base plate, and I find it more comfortable ATG. I may well achieve the same level of comfort with the FOCS if I stick with it for a week or so. Maybe. The FOCS would no doubt handle a weeks growth better than the .68 plate.

My experience of Fatip is The Gentile is a very good/great mild shaver, the FOCS a very good mid range shaver, and the Grande/Picollo is a very good/great aggressive shaver. They should make them better and charge a few bucks more.

Got home from two weeks in Michigan to find this FOCS waiting for me. Maggard got this to DC damn quick - I ordered this Tuesday evening and wasn't expecting it until the middle of next week. Planning on popping a Nacet in there for a shave tomorrow morning with Asylum Vetiver Bourbon soap. Looking forward to how it compares to the Ikon slant and RR German slant I've used, as well as my RR Game Changer.

IMG_20200711_192726.jpg

Top Bottom