What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Why multiple times? I would think that after you confirmed the presence of a blade the first time you checked, you would remember for the rest of that shave that you already checked and the blade was, in fact, there. I would hate to suggest something as terrible as early onset dementia, but to have to check to see if you put a blade in multiple times over the course of a few minutes could be a little concerning.

I was merely taking creative license with the review and how great the razor was. I assure you, all of my faculties are well intact and firing on all eight cylinders.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Is mail from the UK getting to you faster than mail from the States?

I mean, Maggard still have 58 in stock.
I don't know how long shipping from Europe takes these days as this is my first out of country order since the pandemic.

I didn't order from Maggard for mainly cost reasons. The Storto is cheaper at Connaught, one LEA stick at Maggards (out of stock actually) costs more than two sticks from Connaught, and they don't carry the Omega 10104.

In what way? I finally broke down and bought a Fatip OC Grande. How is the slant so much different?

It's different in every way. It's a different razor not just a Grande/Piccolo with a slant. It's a razor hard to define because it is unusual. It is feels like a mild razor but it is very efficient. It doesn't have as much blade exposure as a Grande/Piccolo but is very effective. As I say hard to explain to someone who hasn't tried it.

One thing it has in common with all other Fatips is it has character in spades.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

My recent Maggard order states on the invoice; Shipping "20-75 days due to COVID-19". That is the low cost international shipping option though. I placed an order at Connaught at the same time. It has no shipping estimate on it.

All of my previous orders from either shop arrived within 20 days. It will be 14 days since the orders were placed on July 9.

@rudyt

My 10005 took six months to break in and went through a few changes in that time. When the tips turn snow white, you're there.

IMG_2347.jpg

My 10005 took six months to break in and went through a few changes in that time. When the tips turn snow white, you're there.
Ha! You're the one. I remember someone once having an Omega who's tips turned snow white, but couldn't remember who it was or where I saw it. Now I remember it was you, and am even happier that it's the 10005. Thanks!

Did someone here mention using their fatip slant for head shaving? OC or Gentile?

I thought someone recently mentioned getting a better result with a shim.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1122965
Another Great Shave! Tremendous smoothness. I love the angle of attack of Lo Storto and how nimble it is. The handle and head makes for excellent balance as well. What blade works Best in the Lo storto? Thanks

So far, I've tried Bolzano and Silver Star blades in my Lo Storto Originale.

Planning to try a Wizamet Super Iridium next. Possibly a Kai or a Personna Israeli Platinum Red.

Has anyone tried Permasharp Stainless blades in in the FOCS yet? Twenty hours after my first shave with a Gillette Silver Blue and I could get away with not shaving until this evening. I'm very happy with the quality of the shave, and the quality of the razor. Connaught shipped mine in under 24 hours here in the uk.

I didn't order from Maggard for mainly cost reasons. The Storto is cheaper at Connaught, one LEA stick at Maggards (out of stock actually) costs more than two sticks from Connaught, and they don't carry the Omega 10104.
I ordered from Connaught for the same reason. It was cheaper and I've found that shipping from England (to B.C., Canada) has actually been faster than from Maggard. My last "Economy International" package from Maggard took 21 days (in November 2019). And that was before the pandemic lockdowns.

But, the FOCS from Connaught only took 10 days to get here, right in the middle of the pandemic. Go figure.

View attachment 1122892
The tips on my 10005 turned white after a couple of months... then broke off. I guess the split ends just kept splitting and fell off. It took another 3 years to get back to that state. Now, 7 years later, my 10005's tips are as soft as a cloud.

Has anyone tried Permasharp Stainless blades in in the FOCS yet? Twenty hours after my first shave with a Gillette Silver Blue and I could get away with not shaving until this evening. I'm very happy with the quality of the shave, and the quality of the razor. Connaught shipped mine in under 24 hours here in the uk.
I've been using a Gillette Perma-Sharp in my FOCS for my last four shaves. I mentioned this combination in my earlier SOTD post in this thread.

This razor+blade pairing has been excellent. Extremely smooth and mild, yet surprisingly efficient. I've been able to shave on "autopilot", so to speak. I've found that due to the mildness of this combination, I can shave much more quickly than with other razors, yet never worry about cutting myself. No post-shave irritation, either.

p.s. Just to clarify, I'm using the Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (not the 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless):

proxy.php

Thank you Demolition, they are also my favorite blade. Bought from Turkey roughly 10 years ago, and Russian made Gillette. The longest lasting blade I've ever come across 6/7 v smooth shaves every time.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Ha! You're the one. I remember someone once having an Omega who's tips turned snow white, but couldn't remember who it was or where I saw it. Now I remember it was you, and am even happier that it's the 10005. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

The tips on my 10005 turned white after a couple of months... then broke off. I guess the split ends just kept splitting and fell off. It took another 3 years to get back to that state. Now, 7 years later, my 10005's tips are as soft as a cloud.

None of mine broke and it was never a shedder either but I did change to a synthetic and have only used it once in the last year.

Perma-Sharp Super. Great blade. I ordered 100 two week ago.

I've often read that boars can take all sorts of abuse, and maybe there's a bit of truth to that when they are wet. The tips are fragile when they are dry though. The more they split the more fragile they become.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The Fatip Lo storto has Arrived Today. I followed this thread closely and want to add that the hype is real. I just shaved with the Fatip Lo Storto and wanted to share my experience. This is my first Fatip as well. It performed flawlessly and to my surprise was very much efficient as it was smooth. It took me 3 times to get the blade aligned but it was a very tight fit which I liked. This has to be the best bargain in the shaving world. One of the best shaves of 2020 and I feel everyone should have one in their den. Fatip Lo storto is so smooth on all 3 passes and just does it’s job with no fuss. 1st pass I had to check if the blade was aligned properly as I didn’t want to have any weepers. Best advice on here was to shave as you would shave with any other razor. So I didn’t overthink and didn’t go slow because it was a slant & an open comb. 2nd pass across the grain was a pleasure and realized how efficient the razor is. The thing that puzzled me and Asking myself was “But How?” , but it surprised me even further on the last pass. 3rd pass was a true delight. This razor is no joke and I fully understand it’s capabilities. Against the Grain was so so smooth and just reassured every hair follicle was gone. IMO Fatip Lo storto is an awesome razor and deserves the praise it’s getting. I am so excited for my upcoming shaves this week with this gem. Thank You to all who contributed to this Fatip Lo storto thread.
View attachment 1122434
It looks like you aligned the blade even with the cap? It should be askew with the cap and even with the plate.

Top Bottom