What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Blasphemy!!!!
You’re doing it wrong. Try again!

I like the way you said you over shaved ATG deliberately. I think we all do. I like to test a DE blade That way 😆

I have a spot down at the bottom of my neck that I can shave across the grain but going against the grain is usualy folly, so I don't. On this occasion I did just that, to get a feel for the razor.

04A607C1-B3C1-43FD-AEB2-CCC859F994D8.jpeg

nope.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'll remember this!

And I'll admit I'm tempted by the Fatip OC Slant. I just bought a Merkur Progress, making 7 razors in my little collection, and I shave every other day, so as it is each gets little use in a month. Adding one more would be crazy.

Right?

There's a rule which states that other razors become dull without sufficient social contact.

One the other hand, a Fatip Open Comb Slant would be a good lighthouse keeper.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Slant finally arrived today from Spain after its Dutch sojourn. Hadn't planned on pairing it with the also just arrived titanium Tibam handle but as it fits I just may.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Very nice! Hey, what’s that razor in the background?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20200617
20200617_173919~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Silver Star (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B Contributors w/BOSS V1 24mm Knot
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: A&E Kaizen
Post-shave: Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: A&E Kaizen

WTG, XTG & ATG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Close, comfortable, effortless - a pleasure from start to finish. :)

Wonderful shave! :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slant finally arrived today from Spain after its Dutch sojourn. Hadn't planned on pairing it with the also just arrived titanium Tibam handle but as it fits I just may.
proxy.php

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my Charcoal Goods Brass handles and Copper handles fit the FOCS.

I'll have to try my TiBam and rusdrunkbear handles.

A Bevel copy said to be more aggressive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Don't mean to hijack but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the Bevel clone. Where I live I can snag one for around $3 shipped, definitely picking one up if it turns out to be any good. Snagged both the upgrade and classic Bailis after reading how you and a few others liked them. Cheap Chinese razors sure are good fun to mess around with eh?

Don't mean to hijack but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the Bevel clone. Where I live I can snag one for around $3 shipped, definitely picking one up if it turns out to be any good. Snagged both the upgrade and classic Bailis after reading how you and a few others liked them. Cheap Chinese razors sure are good fun to mess around with eh?
I'll do a shave with it tomorrow.

Top Bottom