*Fatip Slant*

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
6-15-20.Vitos.70:30.FOCS.640JPG.JPG

What can I say?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Again one on one comparo: fatip slant w feather 3 vs RR slant german w Wilki china 2

soap stirling
brush muhle synthetic
AS Tuff
AB Aqua Velva 5in1

Very close shaves, both did burn more so the feather.....

Will need a milder blade next. This two razors shave similarly and both blades ares similar, too.

If you have Silver Stars or Israeli Personnas they might be a good match.

Agree with @Atlantic59 regarding Silver Star and Israeli Personna.

Also add Bolzano to the list. :)

If you have Silver Stars or Israeli Personnas they might be a good match.
I tried Silver Star, shave was OK a bit irritating. Israeli Persona, I do have those in Bluish box w red printing made in israel, shave was a bit rough.... Both cut close Even tried a Gillette Super Thin Mejorada and was rough. I use these 3 regularly before and like them a lot....maybe my skin being stuck at home is dryer.now...more sensitive. I am a head-shaver, now face too.
Considering doing a pre-shower shave w cold water, use either Holly Kaw donkey milk, or Haslinger Aloe?
I like the razor....burning was also w RR German slant, same blades.
Now today....I don't know what to try.....

Not throwing the towel....I will make it work....or try so.....(maybe Silver again in Fatip or Schone or RR GC OC).
Today I have decided to go back to basics: Fatip slant OC w new Nacet vs Karve w USTA. Half head/face each (tonight). Must work!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Brush: APShaveco Silksmoke
Cream: CRS Wild Rose
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
030_40.jpg

Today's shave was a three pass shave. The shave was bbs with a dfs on my neck. Shark Platinums are a very good blade. They rank right up there right with Silver Star in my opinion. The gnome looks like he's taking a whiz behind CRS Wild Rose. This was not my intention.

My slant arrived. The OC version. Not the worst Fatip I've had looks wise. The chrome is thinner than a politicians integrity but overall it's not bad. Easy to verify it's made of brass because...I can see it through the chrome. Now the biggy. The blade aligns fine. The three pins fit the blade pretty tight on the top cap. The three pins fit the three holes on the base plate with only a marginal amount of play. The kicker is the slant design though which torques the blade in such a way that that small movement doesn't matter. It looks like a good un.

I had a head shave. I don't head shave regularly, just when it suits me so I'm usually shaving between 7-21 days of hair off. Today was around 10 days. No probs for the Fatip OC it just did the job. ATG on the nut isn't as course as on my face so not the best test in that regard. Still it was very smooth and comfortable, requiring less effort than some of my milder razors. Although it didn't feel particularly aggressive it certainly performed efficiently when taking off the 10 day mass and when shaving ATG. I had one small cut but that's normal considering I don't nut shave regularly.

I will face shave at the end of the week, as I shave twice a week at the most. All the signs so far are it's a cracker of a razor.

Last edited:
Question to those brothers who have used BOTH the OC Lo Storto and the Razorock German Slant: What are the significant differences (despite the Razorock being a closed comb and the specs)? I already own a Razorock Slant and now I wonder if I should get a FOCS in January, once the 2020 sabbatical has been finished. Appreciate your feedback.

Question to those brothers who have used BOTH the OC Lo Storto and the Razorock German Slant: What are the significant differences (despite the Razorock being a closed comb and the specs)? I already own a Razorock Slant and now I wonder if I should get a FOCS in January, once the 2020 sabbatical has been finished. Appreciate your feedback.

I was just doing a bit of buffing with my Originale today. It reminded me that OC razors with deep teeth (Fatip, Karve, and the PBOCS are examples) do a good job of respreading lather during buffing. The Fatip open comb is a particularly excellent lather management system.

The Fatip slant gives a smoother shave for me. I have used the RR G37 quite a bit (first RR razor I bought), and have used Merkur slants (36, 37C, 39C) since the 70s.

I changed the routine.
Pre-shower shave.
Applied Nive AB and waited 15min (a euro buddy recommended this, he uses it for SB shaving).
Then:
Fatip slant OC
Nacet 1
Haslinger Aloe
N400 synthetic
2 pass head shave and 3 pass face shave
Then to the shower
Witch Hazel medicated
Proraso Green AS
Proraso blue AB

Great shave!!! one of the better ones in the past 3m.

First face shave today with the OC slant, with I think 3 days growth. Strange razor. I have found all Fatips to be strange, not in a bad way, just...different.

First off this isn't a particularly aggressive razor. It is not just a slant version of the Grande/Picollo. I'm calling it a different razor altogether. It can be considered two ways. A tamed Grande/Picollo, or a Gentile stepped up a few notches. Not as intimidating as the Grande/Picollo but a few steps up from the Gentile. I decided to grow my goatee back and having a few days growth, just wanted to cut a line, sides and bottom. A razor with good blade exposure works well for this like the R41. The Lo Storto surprised me here. Less blade than I imagined.

The rest of the shave was uneventful. Smooth and comfortable with a GSB blade. ATG is my yard stick and it was nice. No drama and no pain. I over shaved ATG deliberately in a trouble spot just to see what it would do, and got away without much more than a bit of sensitivity. Nice. Smooth and comfortable is what I seek, especially against the grain, and this razor delivers. The end result is a close shave without drama.

It is an odd razor. The master of illusion. I like mild razors and this to me is a mid range razor that feels milder than it is. I'll be keeping this one. As for you guys who have been seeing Angels and hearing harps, well I didn't get none of that. Miraculously though I did eventually get a good Fatip. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blasphemy!!!!
You’re doing it wrong. Try again!

I like the way you said you over shaved ATG deliberately. I think we all do. I like to test a DE blade That way 😆

Top Bottom