What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Wickham Club Cola smells just like fresh lemon meringue pie. Light, refreshing and delicious.
I lean more toward citrus scents and shy away from sandalwoods. I find Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite to have just a bit too much musk for my taste, and I was thinking the Wickham Club Cola would smell like a cola, lemony sounds nice. I started out with TOBS Lime, but used Mike's Natural Lime, and What the Puck Orange Sunrise most of last year. And of course I have Arko, Williams, Proraso, MWF, TFS, and Cremo. I haven't tried a Vetiver or Rose yet.

The AdP Colonia was a gift from my brother in Germany, and has really spoiled me. So much that I grabbed a jar of MdC Agrumes when West Coast Shaving had it on sale for $50 to see how it compares, and now I am REALLY spoiled.

I could just stick with AdP and MdC, but variety is the spice of life. And the wife LIKES the smell of Arko and Proraso......

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I lean more toward citrus scents and shy away from sandalwoods. I find Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite to have just a bit too much musk for my taste, and I was thinking the Wickham Club Cola would smell like a cola, lemony sounds nice. I started out with TOBS Lime, but used Mike's Natural Lime, and What the Puck Orange Sunrise most of last year. And of course I have Arko, Williams, Proraso, MWF, TFS, and Cremo. I haven't tried a Vetiver or Rose yet.

The AdP Colonia was a gift from my brother in Germany, and has really spoiled me. So much that I grabbed a jar of MdC Agrumes when West Coast Shaving had it on sale for $50 to see how it compares, and now I am REALLY spoiled.

I could just stick with AdP and MdC, but variety is the spice of life. And the wife LIKES the smell of Arko and Proraso......

Club Cola isnt what I was expecting either. Its not a sharp scent, more sweet and creamy but definitely lemon. PdP 63 has a definite lemon note to it to my nose, but again, its subtle and well blended in.

I had a quick look around last night and AdP is out of stock at the usual suspects at the moment, but I'll keep watching.

How would you compare MdC to AdP as far as performance goes?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
How would you compare MdC to AdP as far as performance goes?
Obviously they are both top tier soaps. I rarely use a soap for more than 5 days in a row, but after comparing notes for 2 months of shaves I give the nod to AdP, not by much though.......

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Obviously they are both top tier soaps. I rarely use a soap for more than 5 days in a row, but after comparing notes for 2 months of shaves I give the nod to AdP, not by much though.......

AdP and MdC are over $100CAD, each, shipped. I'll have to think on that a while. Wickham is only $22.50CAD shipped and CRS is less than that.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
AdP and MdC are over $100CAD, each, shipped. I'll have to think on that a while. Wickham is only $22.50CAD shipped and CRS is less than that.

Well, they are both luxurious
Both lather very easily
Both have a rich creamy lather
Both give me a great shave
Both leave my face soft, and have a great post shave feeling.
Both need very little product to deliver enough lather for 3-5 passes.
Both are very expensive, but they are very long lasting.
After 3 weeks of daily use, my jar of MdC looks like I haven't opened it, the AdP looks much the same.
I love both of them.
Before I got the AdP as a gift from my brother, I would never have considered spending such a ludicrous amount for a shaving soap. After using the AdP for 3 weeks, I changed my mind.........

That doesn't mean that I don't still have Wickham, PdP, CRS, and SV on my list, I'm just in no hurry.

My top 4 blades so far:

Derby Extra (surprised by this!)
Gillette Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green)
Astra Superior Stainless

I absolutely love this razor.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My top 4 blades so far:

Derby Extra (surprised by this!)

Gillette Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (Green)
Astra Superior Stainless

I absolutely love this razor.

my-man-quickmeme-com-my-man-misc-quickmeme-51391248.png

Derby Extra really is a good blade, but it needs a rigid design to get the most from. For the price of them, $11CAD! they cant be beat.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I got my Piccolo SE last April, and it does have a few chips on the cap. They don't affect the shave at all, I think they give it character.........

20200207_093214[1].jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I think its because the clear is over black that makes it easy to see. My nephews is doing it too.

976e740ca4b3ccf85e2f81ff0c08e8c9884f32d3.jpg

It could be fixed with a clear epoxy like I mentioned, combined with gentle use of a very fine grit wet sandpaper and/or polishing compound to blend it in but you might be chasing that around a while.

I believe they're powder painted. That gives things a very durable finish so not sure why they were cleared over it.

No, there is no varnish on the gold plating of both of my plates. The gold coating itself is dense, and most likely applied using the galvanic method. You can sleep peacefully:001_smile, your Grande will not lose its appearance, the gold coating is durable, like nickel. The varnish was applied to the cap and pen, I think it was powder coating, followed by exposure to the oven. But the adhesion of this varnish on the metal was insufficient, so the varnish began to disappear. Regards, Eugene.

Are you still accepting new members? I've been a Fatip Grande owner for several months now, but I guess there's no club for those people. Thanks to a generous PIF from @shave/brush I now have a Fatip Piccolo mk1. Here it is, looking sadly forlorn.

Fatip_MK1.jpg

Well, not anymore! As of yesterday, it has been adopted into a new razor family. Come, my little Fatip, there is much still to be done!

😍

Top Bottom