What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Throttle back that Veg a little my friend, ur killin us here downwind.
I always keep a bottle of Veg on hand just for those special occasions.
20190911_072059[1].jpg

prof

It's been a very hectic couple of months but at least I had the pleasure of using a Pic Mk1.

Now I've been warned about all the issues of a Pic and came prepared.

In went the shims, a comfy blade (Nacet), a nice thick lather (Arko) and ended up with a decent if unremarkable shave.

Undeterred I tried it again with a BIC only to get a rather nice shave.
Just out of sheer luck or lack or sleep, this is what I saw.
IMG_20190912_110824.jpg

I shaved on the left side of the blade... I got a really good shave cos the blade was sticking out that much lol.

I just realised the pic is adjustable lol!
Move the blade against the post and you can adjust its aggressiveness rofl!
What a curious razor!

I still dislike the skinny handle though.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It's been a very hectic couple of months but at least I had the pleasure of using a Pic Mk1.

Now I've been warned about all the issues of a Pic and came prepared.

In went the shims, a comfy blade (Nacet), a nice thick lather (Arko) and ended up with a decent if unremarkable shave.

Undeterred I tried it again with a BIC only to get a rather nice shave.
Just out of sheer luck or lack or sleep, this is what I saw.
View attachment 1016182

I shaved on the left side of the blade... I got a really good shave cos the blade was sticking out that much lol.

I just realised the pic is adjustable lol!
Move the blade against the post and you can adjust its aggressiveness rofl!
What a curious razor!

I still dislike the skinny handle though.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi
Don't tell me you already lost the bushings I made for the Mk1! Lol
Of course the Grande handle will fit, also the Shone handle, but then it won't be a Pic.....

My SE lined up perfectly last night for a nice simple 2 pass shave, the Gillette Platinum(25) never tugged a bit, and I just lathered the Wilko in the tub...
20190912_094628[1].jpg

Hey buddy,

No I haven't lost the brushing, they're in a zip bag in the pic box.

It's just that I'm having some fun w the pic Mk1. I was strickly a mild razor user till I started w the GC84 n now I'm enjoying the "adjustability" of the pic.

It's interesting how our tastes change and now I'm curious to try out some more aggressive razors like a Timeless, R41 or a Wolfman if I can ever get my hands on one lol.

Happy shaves buddy,

Mawashi

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
@mawashi ,

I didn't use the Mk1 with the bushings either and it shaved great, but my Piccolo SE seems to shave better with them. I'm not sure I want to try an R41, maybe a GC84...........

Happy Shaves
prof

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Lord SS (7)
Brush: Omega S10019
Soap: CRS French Vetiver
Aftershave: Osage Rub
244_50.jpg
I jumped in and snuck a shave in yesterday just to use my CRS French Vetiver. My wife had to work and I was home alone. I don't shave on the weekends due to a promise I made to her. She likes the stubble look. I don't have a photo. If there are no photos it didn't happen right? Just incase my wife reads this. I have plausible deniability. Here is the SOTD for yesterday that may, or may not, have happened. My smooth face was probably a giveaway :wink2: :whistling: :

SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Lord SS (6)
Brush: Maggard 22mm Synth
Soap: CRS French Vetiver
Aftershave: Osage Rub

Today's shave on day seven with a Lord SS was fantastic. It's smooth and sharp and it seems like this blade keeps getting better. I always find it curious when the majority of people who review blades always say something like, "I can only get three shaves from x blade. I even got 11 shaves out of a Derby Extra in my Grande, and it still had more life in it.

CRS French Vetiver was a joy to use. It is such a excellent Cream. It is a Vegetal cream, and there is something about the slickness of vegetal that I really like. The slickness is great and it doesn't feel as heavy as a tallow. No worries my tallow soaps I still love you. I just like the feel of the slickness feels better with vegetal based soaps. It was like an old friend.

Here's a shout out to Osage Rub splash, you are really cool! :thumbup1:

@mawashi ,

I didn't use the Mk1 with the bushings either and it shaved great, but my Piccolo SE seems to shave better with them. I'm not sure I want to try an R41, maybe a GC84...........

Happy Shaves
prof

Hey prof buddy,

The mk2 is a much smoother razor but the Mk1 makes up for it in sheer efficiency.

Between the GC84 n Mk1, both are great razors but the Mk1 has more blade feel and is slightly more aggressive imo.

If you can easily handle a Mk1 the GC84 will be a piece of cake.

Happy shaves buddy,

Mawashi

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SOTD
Fatip SE Piccolo
Derby(2)
TOBS Lemon Lime
Omega 10066 boar
Aqua Velva
20190916_052528[1].jpg

The TOBS really needs a ton of water to perform....but I love the scent of the lather. I find the Derby cuts close, but not the smoothest blade in my box, maybe it will get better after a few more shaves........ Today was just a 1 pass get 'er done!

Shave of the day & FFfOctober
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade : Voskhod #4
Brush: Maseto Silvertip, 27mm knot
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
ASB: Nivea
IMG_0369a.JPG

Finally got to one of my Piccolos.

Fatip Piccolo Mk2 / Voskhod (2)
Proraso Green cream
Newly completed small, scrubby boar: black walnut handle, lofted to 45mm
Custom mixed witch hazel splash: 50% generic, 25% each of two Stirling witch hazels, menthol and vetiver.
C4D53862-5682-4356-B425-E801193F2E40.jpeg

Great shave in a hurry after shucking my muddy overalls for a quick clean up before heading to the theater.

Still too much vetiver for the LOTH. But light enough that she had to lean in to get a whiff.

Last edited:
Finally got to one of my Piccolos.

Fatip Piccolo Mk2 / Voskhod (2)
Proraso Green cream
Newly completed small, scrubby boar: black walnut handle, lofted to 45mm
Custom mixed witch hazel splash: 50% generic, 25% each of two Stirling witch hazels, menthol and vetiver.
View attachment 1047589
Great shave in a hurry after shucking my muddy overalls for a quick clean up before heading to the theater.

Still too much vetiver for the LOTH. But light enough that she had to lean in to get a whiff.
Tell me about that little critter figurine.

Top Bottom