What's new

Fatboy Slim

You know, after becoming a Gillette DE user, I've started seeing (and reading-into) shave-related things everywhere.

Then I wondered; where did musician Norman Cook, aka "Fatboy Slim" get his stage name?

From an NPR article:

First question: Where did the name come from?

"Thin air, really," he told Simeone. "It doesn't mean anything. I've told so many different lies over the years about it I can't actually remember the truth. It's just an oxymoron -- a word that can't exist.

"It kind of suits me -- it's kind of goofy and ironic," he says with a laugh.

Oh well...I thought I might have had something there.

Peace

You know, after becoming a Gillette DE user, I've started seeing (and reading-into) shave-related things everywhere.

Then I wondered; where did musician Norman Cook, aka "Fatboy Slim" get his stage name?

From an NPR article:

First question: Where did the name come from?

"Thin air, really," he told Simeone. "It doesn't mean anything. I've told so many different lies over the years about it I can't actually remember the truth. It's just an oxymoron -- a word that can't exist.

"It kind of suits me -- it's kind of goofy and ironic," he says with a laugh.

Oh well...I thought I might have had something there.

Peace

It's a funny thought, but if I recall correctly, the Fatboy was never actually marketed under that name. It was originally the "195 Adjustable" and, to distinguish it from the "195 Adjustable Prototype," was given a new name.

The Slim actually was marketed as a Slim to differentiate it from the 195 adjustable. People started calling the 195 adjustable the Fatboy as a nickname to differentiate it from the Slim.

Awww what a bunch of killjoys. :mad3:

Kidding of course.

I was aware of the nicknames for the razors, etc. But it does prove just how this stuff can invade your psyche. And hey...he could have been a wet-shaving fanatic too. :biggrin:

Peace

I always figured the name was borrowed from 70's-blip-on-the-rock-radar Root Boy Slim.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom