3 pass WTG, XTG, ATG, = BBS no weepers or nicks

20170208_181108.jpg

Day 10
E3 FB on 4
Personna Red (9 shaves)
Rooney Pure Badger
Chiseled Face Summer Storm
Clubman original a/s

I took it a little easier today, and still had a couple of irritated spots on the neck, but nothing too bad. Shave was good, but not as close as it was a few days ago. Looks like I'll be swapping out the blade tomorrow...

Day 9 playing catch up missed 2 days not being able to login
G2 FB set on 7 Feather blade
Silvertip faux horn 22mm Brush
MWF Soap
Denim Aftershave

Todays shave was top notch 2 pass WTG, ATG BBS Shave no weepers, I'm liking this setting with Feather blades.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sorry, my contribution earlier today showed the wrong razor. :blush: My media folders are still a mess after the changeover plus I just had foot surgery yesterday. My mind is seeing Fatboy razors where there are none.

Try again: E2 Fatboy + Astra, Semogue 1470, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Aqua Velva
full

It makes that little Super Speed look like a wimp!

Last edited:
G-3 Feather (10)
Maggard Synth
Blades Grim Smolder
Vintage Skin Bracer

I switched Fatboys today, but still using the same blade. Very nice shave today, the blade has really smoothed out. Two 2 pass DFS with no cleanup.

I almost never use this Fatty because it is so close to mint I never want to get it dirty. It's a bit of an oddity a G-3 that still has the threaded retaining nut. This was supposed to have changed around F-2, but they must have found some old parts the day it was made.
DSCF9982.JPG
DSCF9968.JPG

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Took a note from Garrett and dialed the FB up to 8; got the closest shave yet with the thing.

9 could be a game-changer! No longer missing the OLD.

AA

Bit of a busy week at work and just catching up on posting photos this week.

Thursday's shave was the Fatboy on 6 with a GSB. The soap was a sample I have that I smushed into a dish. Good smooth shave.

feb 8.jpg

The shave tonight was Tabac with the Fatboy on 8 with a GSB. It was a good shave and won't need to shave until Sunday evening before getting back to work Monday.

feb 10.jpg

Day 10
G2 FB set on 7 Feather blade
Zenith Brush
GFT Sandlewood soap
Blue Stratos Aftershave
2 pass WTG, ATG, DFS. Blade is starting to tug a little, so will give it one more shave then change it.

20170210_074121.jpg

Good Grief, I forgot all about Fatboy February.
First shave this month.
Fatboy E-4 "The lawnmower"
Cheap Boar brush
Rapira blades
Cella soap
Clubman classic AS
20170210_000646.jpg

G-3 Fatboy on 9 Feather (12)
I don't know if it's the switch in Fatboys, the blade just really breaking in or what, but the last few shaves have been the best. Two passes and almost no cleanup, has been getting me very close to a true BBS. I'm usually ready to get rid of a Feather by now, I wonder if I'm tossing them just before the really get good.

Top Bottom