What's new

Fat february! Who will join me?

Shave # 7 this morning. Lathered in the new Fine bowl. The MWF was whipped right into shape. Great bowl for sure. Used the British Aristo #15 today w/ the 4th shave on a Voskhod. Finished with some Captains Choice Cat O' 9 Tails. Great stuff.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 32
Nice tech in excellent shape. I'm more interested in your opinion on the Speick. That is some great stuff right there. I even bought the deodorant I like it so much.

It's not bad, I think it smells almost the same as the fine American. All the as splashes have almost the same scents that I've smelled. I'm looking for something with more of a cologne smell. But an after shave splash.

Ok. I may have a few more recommendations for you. It's cheaper and you should be able to go sniff them at your local stores. Check out the Nivea Energy aftershave, gillette Cool wave, or the Adidas Pulse. They are more modern colognish aftershaves.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Well, I had to play around a little bit, this morning. While doing Fatboy February and the "One Blade in February Challenge," I'm just missing out on a golden opportunity to try out the pile of samples I have. So, as I've been doing for about a week now, I used MWF for my prep--a nice, hot, lather in the shower. Mighty Nice!

My actual shaving soap, today, was DRH Arlington, and I finished with the same AS. A Rooney 3/1, bottom dial Fatboy, and P74 starred as the hardware. Mighty nice shave!

Ok. I may have a few more recommendations for you. It's cheaper and you should be able to go sniff them at your local stores. Check out the Nivea Energy aftershave, gillette Cool wave, or the Adidas Pulse. They are more modern colognish aftershaves.
Thanks I've smelled those. I'll figure it out. Its apparently really hard to find a scent you like. Next time I go to a mall I'll stop in the AoS story and see what they have just for an idea what I like. Then find it some where they don't rape people price wise.

Thanks I've smelled those. I'll figure it out. Its apparently really hard to find a scent you like. Next time I go to a mall I'll stop in the AoS story and see what they have just for an idea what I like. Then find it some where they don't rape people price wise.

Maybe that's how I ended up with 20 aftershaves. Ha.

Shave # 8 this morning. Used the MWF again! Ha. Lathered in the Fine bowl with the 620. Used the invisible open comb Fasan slant w/ a Polsilver. This razor weighs almost nothing. It was my first time using it. It actually was a decent shaver. May have to find one of those fancier Fasan's to use. Followed up w/ a splash of Alt-Innsbruck.

Attachments

• $IMG_2843.jpg
    $IMG_2843.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 24
I went ahead and picked out the arsenal for Shave #9. Gillette Bulldog w/ a Polsilver (2). MWF lathered in the Fine bowl w/ the RV. Finish off w/ some La Toja. Should be golden.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21
Where is everyone? This is my own thread now. Ha. I pulled the 34' US Aristocrat for shave #10. Polsilver (3). Fine bowl w/ the Semogue. Splashed some Irisch Moos and ready for some Thai food w/ the wife.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 17

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm keeping on with using MWF in the shower for general bathing, shampooing, and beard prep. I gotta tell you; it's amazing stuff. When I rinse off my beard, I can really feel how the whiskers have swollen and softened. I'll keep that up for the forseeable future, no matter what I lather up with at the sink!

I'm keeping on with using MWF in the shower for general bathing, shampooing, and beard prep. I gotta tell you; it's amazing stuff. When I rinse off my beard, I can really feel how the whiskers have swollen and softened. I'll keep that up for the forseeable future, no matter what I lather up with at the sink!

i never thought to try that. Did you just get a shower puck so to speak? I absolutely love the MWF and have washed my hands with some leftover lather but sounds like I need to get a second puck to use as my general shower soap.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
No, I didn't get a "shower puck," so to speak. I had a puck that I thought I had soaked to to the point that I had messed it up. At about the same time, I mentioned to someone that they could use their scraps for bathing, right after which someone else mentioned that they had been doing just that for some time.

So, I had an extra puck, so I scooped the old one up, smushed it into something of a bar/diskish thing, and brought it into the shower. I've used nothing else, since, and I've not regretted a moment. It seems like it would last about as long as a bar of soap or bottle of shampoo without much extra cost, and it's doing a better job.

All hail The Fat!

Shave #11 w/ the MWF. Used the RV brush and the Fine bowl. 4th shave on the Polsilver SI loaded in a De Luxe Criterion. Finished off with some Myrsol Agua Blasamica. Another great shave w/ the MWF.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
No, I didn't get a "shower puck," so to speak. I had a puck that I thought I had soaked to to the point that I had messed it up. At about the same time, I mentioned to someone that they could use their scraps for bathing, right after which someone else mentioned that they had been doing just that for some time.

So, I had an extra puck, so I scooped the old one up, smushed it into something of a bar/diskish thing, and brought it into the shower. I've used nothing else, since, and I've not regretted a moment. It seems like it would last about as long as a bar of soap or bottle of shampoo without much extra cost, and it's doing a better job.

All hail The Fat!

Very nice. I have a few non-MWF pieces and pucks I may have to try this with. May need to get an extra MWF puck for the shower.

New brush worked really well with the fat! It was making some of the best lather I've seen yet tonight!

$20150216_161741.jpg

Top Bottom