What's new

Fat february! Who will join me?

Today on shave 5 with feather. Used the progress. Always great. Superlathered with maca root cream. Used the new nivea. Decided to use a synthetic brush for a change. Nice brush. But it has nothing on the thater. Now I remember why I stopped using my other brushes.

$20150205_155435.jpg

Last edited:
Shave # 4 this morning with a British #21 loaded w/ a fresh Voskhod. Used the Semogue 620 again. What a great boar brush! Face lathered with three passes. The #21 is a great shaver. Almost as good as a #16. Finished with a splash of Myrsol Blue. Another great aftershave.

Attachments

• $IMG_2818.jpg
    $IMG_2818.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 36
I got the fine today . I wasn't huge on the scent. Its not bad, but I'm still in the market for something I love. Had a kind of rough shave. It was number 6 for that feather. It was starting to pull in the slant bar. I'll try something different tomorrow. On a side note, I finally got my speick shave stick and maggard mr8 razor. The speick smells nice, maybe I'll get the AS.

Last edited:
Get the Speick. It's one of my top 3. I have both versions but I kind of like the standard version slightly more than the Active. On a side note my ATT Atlas handle arrived today. I plan on using it w/ my NEW De Luxe head and trying it with my S2. I will probably get an ATT H2 head as well. Looks and feels great.

Don't even talk to me about that s2. I'm extremely jealous! What 2 scents do you favor over speick?

Floid Blue is my favorite, followed by Speick, then probably Captains Choice North or Kramperts Frost Bite.

Funny you should mention the S2 as that is what shave #5 was performed with. Rolled a Voskhod (2) and used the Rudy Vey Shavemac. The S2 is phenomenal. You must get one with Slant being part of your on online name. Ha. I followed up with some Kramperts Frost Bite. The white good stuff in a Cost Plus World Market bottle. Also through a little dash of Clubman in later for good measure.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 28
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 29
Very nice! so today I finally quit the February one blade challenge. It was 7 days in with my feather and the last few days the pulling has gotten worse and worse. Like you I don't believe that they should go more than two shaves or so. I totally proved myself right that it was a waste of time to keep going. I threw in a brand new med prep half way through, and it made the biggest difference there was absolutely no pulling and I got a bbs shave. as always I used my Thater brush and Mitchell's wolf that soap. I used the new Maggard MR8 razor. 150 gram handle, the thing is an absolute tank. I got a great shave .

Floid Blue is my favorite, followed by Speick, then probably Captains Choice North or Kramperts Frost Bite.

Funny you should mention the S2 as that is what shave #5 was performed with. Rolled a Voskhod (2) and used the Rudy Vey Shavemac. The S2 is phenomenal. You must get one with Slant being part of your on online name. Ha. I followed up with some Kramperts Frost Bite. The white good stuff in a Cost Plus World Market bottle. Also through a little dash of Clubman in later for good measure.

the bottom piece of that razor head looks straight and the cap looks like the only thing slanted. Is that really the case or is it just an optical illusion?

It's a wild design. The teeth get smaller in height as you go left to right. It's definitely slanted but the bottom of the teeth look like they are at the same level so it looks straight.

Last edited:
Onemore. Here you can see the teeth slanting below the baseplate from right to left. Great razor though. Doesn't get much better than this.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Another mighty fine Fat shave, today. Super lather with Palmolive menthol, for a little kick!

I have been exclusively FAT for February. Mostly, I superlather with proraso blue. It is an amazing combo.

Excellent! Never tried a superlather! Welcome to the thread Texlaw and welcome back ghorn11. I skipped a shave today. Thinking about what to try tomorrow. Too many choices for razors and aftershaves. I know what soap I will be using of course. Contemplating my new ATT Atlas handle paired with a De Luxe head. Ya. That's the one.

I superlathered the other day with poraso. Works really well. Love it. I must say today that I could not use Mitchell's well that this was my first time in a long time I didn't use it. I live in the Northeast in Massachusetts and after this snow storm we will have 6 feet of snow on the ground in just the last couple weeks. I've been working 7 days a week night and day plowing and salting the highway. I have been in the truck for 35 hours straight and and still going probably another at least 24 so I brought a stick of Speick with me and a cheap little brush and cheap razor and I shaved at work at the highway department when I got back from one of my runs I wasn't going to chance getting my old Spice mug broken. Anyways. When I get home I'll be right back to my mwf.

Keith,

Understandable. Sounds like a huge job to complete. This all for fun and camaraderie. I will pick up the MWF slack for you. This morning I indeed used the NEW De Luxe head from a chrome Norfolk Tuckaway set with the ATT Atlas. We have a winning combo here. Today's shave was fantastic. Semogue 620 again followed with a splash of Proraso green.

Attachments

• $IMG_2833.jpg
    $IMG_2833.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 25
I wasn't going to get a super speed before just because I'm not a huge fan of tto's. Do you have one? I was thinking red tip?

I have quite a few TTO's. My favorites are the British Aristocrats, specifically the #16. They are pricey though. I have had red tips but sold them. I like the 40's style Super Speed. If interested, PM me your address and I'll send you a user grade I found in the wild to add to your rotation. They are pretty good razors.

So today I used the new MR8 again, this time I threw in a Kai stainless blade. One of the best shaves I've ever had.it was shaving so smooth and efficient, I decided to do an extra lather for some touch ups. BBS. Zero irritation what so ever. I'm not sure if it was the blade or the razor. Or both. It feels weird to feel absolutely no stubble in any direction with no irritation. I usually do t bother with 3 passes. Its been a while since i did. I've done it with other razors, but this was effortless. Very impressed this razor is such a beast at 150g the stainless handle is massive, very comfortable though.

.$1423617387322.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom