What's new

Far more exciting than the Glock 44

5EB3FB77-8B1D-44F5-868F-43B7CA2502BE.jpeg
3689F2A9-3614-4C46-993B-5268B9804167.jpeg

Seeing as all the exotica is coming out....
-Browning Hi-Power. More history than the Encyclodepia Britannica.
-CZ75. It just screams Cold War. Ironically it didn't come out until around 1975.

That P7 is totally impressive. NJ State Police surely showed some style when they picked that one😉

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I had a CZ 97 in .45 for a while. That thing was a handful, and heavy.

My nephew still has his fathers old Hi Power. I never could shoot that gun.

Now you can get the same trusted reliability and durability in a .22 LR caliber pistol.
“While many .22 LR firearms exhibit tendencies to function differently with particular ammunition types, the G44 pistol functioned to near perfection,”

I don't buy it one bit.

I've never met a semi-auto rimfire that's every bit as reliable as a centerfire. My Ruger MKIV is about as reliable as I ever found and it still chokes on certain ammo.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I don't buy it one bit.

I've never met a semi-auto rimfire that's every bit as reliable as a centerfire. My Ruger MKIV is about as reliable as I ever found and it still chokes on certain ammo.

I don’t either. If it won’t happen with a 10-22 it won’t happen with any other gun either.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Question: is the Sig in that pic prettier than a Glock? Or just the wood grips that are on it? Because those wood grips are pretty.

I'd be hard pressed to think of a handgun uglier than a Glock lol. The 'utilitarian' look of Glocks, and others, has never really appealed to me. Many Sigs look utilitarian too, but at least they do it with class.

The Sig in the link quoted looks much nicer than any Glock and reminds more of an a blued Baby Eagle or a Hamerelli than anything else.

61973-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Its beautiful.

I really like the low profile combat sights, extended beavertail grip, tapered mag bumper and the shape of the safety and slide release levers. It also has a normal size mag release but I might like that better if it wasnt cut on an angle. I am surprised it doesnt have ambi controls though.

It has nice smooth lines too. No sharp edges to get hung up on anything and being an 8 round 9mm, I bet its slim too. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Glock, blah. You tell me which is prettier lol.

GLOCK_17_Gen_4_Pistol_MOD_45160305.jpg

I want a new 22 pistol. Something reliable in a semi auto. I was looking at an SR22. I didn’t think it pretty or ugly, but it seems to be kinda reliable. Are any of these beautiful pistols known for reliability?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The Ruger Mark II bull barrel I had never jammed until more than a brick of ammo went through it in a single session and it was in need of cleaning long before that. I also took it down to the club for an annual Open House and it was shot a lot over a weekend. There were no issues with it during the shoots but it was stripped down and cleaned between days.

We had 985 people through the club that Open House weekend and I'd bet 900 of them shot it.

The Browning Medalist never jammed either.

I shot a S&W M41 quite a bit. The instructor at the first gun club I joined had one he let all his students use and we used it, extensively lol. The trigger on it and the Browning is superb.

The trigger on the Beretta is very good too and while I didnt shoot it as much as the others, it never jammed on me.

Of them all, its hard to beat the Ruger.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
+ 1 on Ruger .22 LR semi-autos. Easy to customize if desired. Had a few, all work fine.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I want a new 22 pistol. Something reliable in a semi auto. I was looking at an SR22. I didn’t think it pretty or ugly, but it seems to be kinda reliable. Are any of these beautiful pistols known for reliability?
I have one of the new Walther PPK/S 22LR and surprisingly it has eaten every brand of ammo I've tossed at it including stuff like bulk pack Federal and Remington stuff.

proxy.php

Right now I seems to see them on sale right around $200.00 or so.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have one of the new Walther PPK/S 22LR and surprisingly it has eaten every brand of ammo I've tossed at it including stuff like bulk pack Federal and Remington stuff.

proxy.php

Now THAT is a pretty gun, with no wood.

proxy.php

Pretty cool. You are the king of tiny guns!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

proxy.php

That is a nice looking gun.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Pretty cool. You are the king of tiny guns!
For current tiny fun guns the Tarus PT-22 and the Beretta Bobcat are even smaller than the Walther but also slightly more picky when it comes to ammo.

proxy.php

proxy.php

They are both tip up barrels and so easier for some folk who have trouble racking the slide on little guns.

For current tiny fun guns the Tarus PT-22 and the Beretta Bobcat are even smaller than the Walther but also slightly more picky when it comes to ammo.

proxy.php

proxy.php

They are both tip up barrels and so easier for some folk who have trouble racking the slide on little guns.
I have had a Bobcat for a long time. I like it a lot. The tip up barrel is great when I use it for a trap line gun as I can just use it as a single shot. Mine likes cci mini mags but isn’t as fun for plinking and target shooting. It‘s pretty accurate but the sight radius makes long shots difficult. The reduced power from the shortie barrel is very fur friendly on the line though.

Top Bottom