What's new

Far more exciting than the Glock 44

The .22 devoid of soul pistol, same size as a G19....meh. Shooting community is all a twitterThe recent announcement by SIG is a far more exciting bit of news...I think.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Glock sent me this email on the G44 and this is what stood out to me.

The company debuted its first-ever .22 LR caliber pistol at a live product launch that included select media partners and distributors on site while GLOCK fans and brand loyalists tuned in to be a part of the experience from around the globe.

Since inception, GLOCK has been synonymous with reliability, accuracy and durability. GLOCK does not compromise when it comes to quality and reliability in a firearm. Now you can get the same trusted reliability and durability in a .22 LR caliber pistol. The GLOCK 44 has a unique hybrid steel-polymer slide and mirrors the iconic GLOCK 19 frame size for optimal performance for new shooters, sport shooters, and everyone in between. “The way the G44 mirrors the iconic G19 is great and all levels of shooters will benefit from owning and practicing with the G44,” said Retired Marine Gunner Christian Wade. “I subjected the G44 to a variety of adverse conditions and it holds its own with every other GLOCK ever produced.”
Wade was one of two partners selected by GLOCK to rigorously test the GLOCK 44 in a variety of climates and adverse conditions. With over 30 years in the Marine Corps and as a firearms expert, Wade understands the importance of functionality and ease of use is realized in the GLOCK platform and carried on to the GLOCK 44.

GLOCK has taken everything that is fun and functional about a .22 LR caliber pistol and enhanced it to improve your experience with optimal performance. “While many .22 LR firearms exhibit tendencies to function differently with particular ammunition types, the G44 pistol functioned to near perfection,” said Bryan Peterson, Manager of Product Concept Development at Federal Ammunition.

(I lol'd at the "near perfection" part.) :)

Peterson was also a partner included in early testing and extended his expertise of ammunition through testing the G44 with thousands of rounds and a large variety of ammunition.

The G44 features many of the latest enhancements seen in the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols such as the ambidextrous slide stop lever and reversible magazine catch, the GLOCK Marksman barrel (GMB) for increased accuracy and performance, adjustable back straps, and adjustable rear sights. The G44 also features a ghost hole loaded chamber indicator and comes standard with two 10-round load assist magazines.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I handled one of the current SIG P210s recently at my LGS. First one I have ever seen in person. I have to admit I was unimpressed with it's trigger, light, but very mushy. Of course I have no idea of how it actually shoots. I would love to have a vintage one of military pedigree. The current model is obviously marketed and styled as a target pistol.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Save up for (quite) a few more months & pick up one of those German or Swiss-made surplus pistols. I have heard & read that both US-made target & standard 210s are wonderful pistols & excellent shooters, though they did experience issues with earlier recoil spring/guide rod mechanisms, which at the time were unobtainable from Sig & thus rendered some 210s useless. Though recoil mechanism issues & supplies have been have been resolved & replenished, Exeter still recommends that 210 (recoil) springs be changed every 3,000 rounds. While all three variants (German, Swiss & US) have features unique to each other, the most obvious functional difference between the German, Swiss & US 210s are their lock-ups ... the Euro models utilize (1911ish) barrel/slide lugs, whereas the US-made models incorporate a lock-up akin to P-series models.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Firearms having "souls"? :001_rolle It's a gun, a tool.
Perhaps he meant character...
While some firearms — DE & CH Sig 210s; Belgium Hi-Powers; USGI 1911s & HKP7s, just to name a few — wreak of character, Glocks, well, not so much.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I will posit that Glocks have no soul *as they come from the factory,* but may acquire soul.

Knew a retired LEO, he wore the tennifer off his. Certainly that Glock had soul.

AA

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Some pistols are meant to be seen, some are meant to be used. Survival is beautiful. :)

Some, are meant to do both. :tongue_sm

Smith_and_Wesson_Model_41_-_1972.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Whoa...S&W Model 41!!!
More soul than a James Brown concert.

Yeah lol.

I always liked the M41 but they're pricey around here and since we cant carry I bought a Belgian Browning Medalist instead. The finest made firearm I've ever owned.

Browning-Medalist-Target-Pistol_101196693_19081_EAC045A814947C7E.jpg

High Standard made some really nice .22's too.

When it came to the more modern .22's, I liked the Beretta .22 Target, but never bought one.

wm_13596653.jpg

Top Bottom