What's new

Sig P365 vs. Glock 43X Which do I like better?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It opens in September. I might just have to load up the wife in the covered wagon (jeep) this fall when the leaves are turning and head out to Branson for a weekend. We can hit Fort Smith and see the museum on the way.

I think I'll go before winter hits this year...if the opening is not delayed again.

Since this tread is going off the rails, I may start another thread. Something like Lawmen, In-laws, and Outlaws.

I know you don't care for war stories, but you are rapidly approaching retirement.

There is this one Ranger I worked with for several years, and after he retired he'd catch you at the greasy spoon when you went in for break, wave you over to his table, and talk your ear off. He even caught me at WalMart one time. "There was this one time I was in San Angelo" kind of stuff. He is interesting though.

I called my cousin several days ago to see about something he has of mine that I need back before I go back to Texas. Never got a response. I looked up the Oklahoma Court Records On Demand today and saw he was back in jail again. No cell phones allowed in the County Jail.

Last edited:
Ouch!

I like stories as long as it's a guy that can tell a story.

Y'all seem like you can tell a story.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ouch!

I like stories as long as it's a guy that can tell a story.

Y'all seem like you can tell a story.

Rob can tell a story...he's so windy that if he ever leaves Western Oklahoma all the windmills in West Texas will stop turning due to lack of wind.

I definitely had a good impressing of Rob's story telling. You mentioned somebody else, I think.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I definitely had a good impressing of Rob's story telling. You mentioned somebody else, I think.

You mean Ranger Eddie? Here's an interview that the Ranger Hall of Fame did with him several years ago. It's long and can get boring, but it has some good parts towards the end. The Hall of Fame does these to save for posterior...I mean posterity.

https://www.texasranger.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Oral-History-Almond-Eddie.pdf

proxy.php

Okie... very good write-up(s), you did a fine job. I'm patiently waiting for your... 'final conclusion'. I've been considering the G43, 43X and the Sig P365 for a lighter weight alternative to my DW 1911 .45ACP and Glock 19. Both of these pistols do what they need to do very well.

Actually, for me, it's about reliability, lighter weight and smaller size. Probably for most, it's the same three.

I'm content with the DW and G19, both in a number of Milt Sparks holsters. I also carry when needed, a NAA .22 MiniMag in a IWB holster. Up close and personal, I feel fine with the .22 Mag.

When you're ready for your 'reveal', looking forward to it! Be safe!

I will say that having handled both in the store last week I do like that the grip on the 43x extended past the fat part of my palm allowing the empty mag to drop unimpeded. The place where the p365 beats it for me is I think I could get away with a pocket holster like the j frame Smith but twice as many rounds where the longer grip on the Glock lends itself to pocket carry less so.

I also handled the Glock 48. Once I get to that size it's IWB carry for me. I'll take the slightly extra chunkiness of the Glock 19.

Sig has a new compact I can't find anything about online that's Glock 19 sized, even nicer trigger than the 365 that's also really nice.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I will say that having handled both in the store last week I do like that the grip on the 43x extended past the fat part of my palm allowing the empty mag to drop unimpeded. The place where the p365 beats it for me is I think I could get away with a pocket holster like the j frame Smith but twice as many rounds where the longer grip on the Glock lends itself to pocket carry less so.

I also handled the Glock 48. Once I get to that size it's IWB carry for me. I'll take the slightly extra chunkiness of the Glock 19.

Sig has a new compact I can't find anything about online that's Glock 19 sized, even nicer trigger than the 365 that's also really nice.

Agreed on every point you made Randy, excellent observations. What makes the Sig Xcompact you refer to special, is it’s straight, flat trigger.

It is available now for the P365. Definitely getting one if they ever get back in stock. Glock has always had good aftermarket support for things like custom triggers and such.

Might have to get one of those also for the 43X and the competition will continue. :)

I got an email last week announcing the availability of an extended 15 round magazine for the p365. Carry options just get better and better.

Of course like all Sig magazines they're rather pricy.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Everything old is new again.

Except for my new Remchester .265 Magnum: the flattest-shooting, computer-designed, highest-velocity roundnose spitzer that comes in a bolt-action semi-auto. (Insert giant full page ad here) :001_tt2:

AA

OkieStubble

Still waiting on the flat trigger from Sig Sauer. It must be coming on snail mail. I checked Sig's site, they are out of stock again, already. In the mean time, detail stripped the Glock 43X and gave it a good cleaning. Cleaned out the firing pin channel and did a 25 cent trigger job, polishing the trigger bar, crucible, safety plunger and the feed ramp.

Dropped in a Ghost 'Edge" trigger connector, smoothing out the trigger and getting rid of the "Glock Bump" and dropping the pull weight to 3.5 pounds. And while I really like the AmeriGlo Bold sights, I picked up a Streamlight TLR-6 weapon light & laser.

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Gray bills theirs as a trigger pull enhancement rather than simply a different shape. It would be interesting to compare them.

OkieStubble

Ok, no pull weight enhancement, just overtravel and feel.

Yeah, it just gives a perception of less over travel because of the lower trigger finger position, one can place on the flat trigger. I'm thinking if there is a noticeable difference? It could only be very minimal at best.

Top Bottom