What's new

fans of CBL

Thanks for hosting this PIF and for your advocacy of Williams and Aqua Velva. I have the vintage Williams and Aqua Velva Sport because of the many posts that you have made on these products. Both prove that a great shave doesn't have to be expensive.
Thank You.... and You're Welcome!

Ooo...never tried artisan soap. All I have is Arko and Proraso (unless that is artisan and I don't know)

The Jeris Tonic one sounds interesting enough...can I throw my hat into the PIF ring?

I'm in for either scent.
Hard shaving soaps are a definite alternative to the croaps artisans make, and it's good to see one made in the USA. I'll be glad to do a review.

wow, I do like the CBL performance. I've got to be all in on this one and if I have to pick one, then I'll go with Jeris. Very generous!

Im in! I have yet to try Williams but given its many fans have always figured one day I'd try it. Put me down for Money, please!

I was able to score some beta CBL Tonsorial pucks too before they sold out - Money and SIR Fougere. Money I got to shave with a few days ago, definitely a neutral fresh linen scent that lingers wonderfully if you do a post shave “lather soak” on your face. SIR Fougere I’m trying tomorrow.

Having tried multiple of Chris’ bases and scents to this point, I’d have to say that he’s being modest in his tonsorial base description. From what I experienced with the first shave of Money, this line is easily only a step or two down from his normal tallow base (which is high elite for me), leaving this a solid tier 1 soap of not better. YMMV of course.

Great PIF, the winners are in for a great treat!

Respectfully not in myself. Subscribed to see the experiences though!

Nice review and it sounds like a great option that I might have to pick up in the future when it comes out of beta.

Repectfully not in as I'm participating in this month's GRUME.

Thanks!

-- Carlos

I'm in for either scent.
Hard shaving soaps are a definite alternative to the croaps artisans make, and it's good to see one made in the USA. I'll be glad to do a review.

I have two pucks of this: the plain one and the Fougere. I got at least as good of an actual shave from the plain one as regards pure performance (not including any PSF or scent factors) as I did with the newest rage, DG Milksteak. One of the best soaps I have used for the $$.

Sounds great so far, right? What brings this soap back down to earth is the post shave feel. Since it is lacking all the expensive fats/oils/butters it doesn’t have the ultra-good post shave feel that many of the expensive artisan soaps have. Instead, it just leaves your face feeling the way your skin is supposed to feel, not overly moisturized, but not dry either. I know a lot of people use some soaps and say their skin feels great afterwards, so they don’t need to follow up with an aftershave. You will want to follow up with an aftershave with CBL Tonsorial, but that’s OK.

Thank God and Alhamdulillah, this is a FEATURE not a drawback. Like it when a SOAP leaves my skin clean. If I want moisturizing or greasy I'll add moisturizer or grease. Got two beta pucks heading this way.

Out of the PIF but on the train.

Last edited:
Thank God and Alhamdulillah, this is a FEATURE not a drawback. Like it when a SOAP leaves my skin clean. If I want moisturizing or greasy I'll add moisturizer or grease. Got two beta pucks heading this way.

Out of the PIF but on the train.

Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You are the man! Respectfully not in, as I have won a few of your PIFs brother. Letting someone else have a chance. But I am "on the train" as well!

I'd be in for the Jeri's! Sounds like a good simple shave soap. Something I'm always willing to try and give a good review for. Thanks for the generous PIF!

Top Bottom