What's new

fans of CBL

Great review! If this is similar to vintage OS, then it it is very good indeed!! :a14: :a14:

Definitely in for the Money! Thank you Sir!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've been using CBL's Tonsorial for over 2 weeks (Jeris and Money scents) and, as KJ says, this is VERY good stuff. It has replaced MdC and MWF on my "forever" list, which is now simply CBL and Tabac. Not sure what more I can say than that and..... Oatmeal Stout and SIR Fougere (Irisch Moos scent) rock!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great review and thanks for the info re a new base i had no idea i have2 of the old base i guess. 1 of which is a large sample of dragons blood. Will the new base be rolling out soon? I see these pucks are beta.
anyway im in. Thanks for the pif. Wanting to try the new base im in for either scent. But if i have to pick ill say the tonic.

Great review and thanks for the info re a new base i had no idea i have2 of the old base i guess. 1 of which is a large sample of dragons blood. Will the new base be rolling out soon? I see these pucks are beta.
anyway im in. Thanks for the pif. Wanting to try the new base im in for either scent. But if i have to pick ill say the tonic.

Dragon’s Blood is one of my favorite scents from CBL, actually it’s in my top 5 of all scents. I have a lot of it stockpiled.

Chris is working on production tubs now, and should have some out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the Jeris this morning. A light scent and a solid, slick shave that leaves your face clean. I also have the Sir Fougere. Both lather great and are slick enough for my straight razors. It’s a keeper.

I’d love to try an old school hard puck. I’d like to be considered for the Jeris. Thanks for the chance.

@TheVez2, I've tried the Beta and it is Awesome! Like you said it reminds me of the vintage Williams...a nice creamy lather. Since I have a puck I will pass on this PIF (if you PIF the Roasted Oatmeal Stout then all bets are off).
People need to jump in on this!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Dragon’s Blood is one of my favorite scents from CBL, actually it’s in my top 5 of all scents. I have a lot of it stockpiled.

Chris is working on production tubs now, and should have some out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good to know. Thanks

Im in for the jeris ..well honestly id take either but i think id prefer the jeris. Thanks for the pif...

Last edited:
Not in but great PIF KJ!

CBL makes some top notch soaps so someone should be happy with the performance. Scents can be subjective but CBL has come up with some excellent scents and would imagine Chris has done his homework and could only imagine these would be great scents. Am curious to see the reviews of this new formula!

I'm in for the money. Williams is what i first used back in the 90's. I bought a puck about a year ago, and it just wasn't the same. Maybe if I had a crack at this new stuff I would be taken back to the days of my youth!
819364fa7828f421a1cd1a317d6871f6--space-balls-john-candy.jpg

Last edited:
In for the Money, please, KJ.

I know how genuine your sentiment toward Williams is, so this says a lot.
I like the modern Williams a lot but hope to experience this re-creation of the vintage.

October is my B&B anniversary month. I can't believe that I have been around this place for 6 years and have over 11,000 posts. To give back to the community I have 2 pucks of CBL's NEW Roasted oatmeal stout tonsorial (ROS) soap to give away to 2 lucky winners. CBL's ROS is my favorite scent. It reminds me of coming home on a cold day and my mom had just pulled a batch of oatmeal cookies out of the oven.

cbl soap.jpg

To join in the full all you have to do is say "Whip me up a lather". The winners will be picked on November 1st by the end of the day.

Top Bottom